Chapter 19

Carter POV

I got off of the phone with Noel after she told me to tell Kale about us. I looked at Amy.

"She told me to tell Kale." She smiled.

"You know, I really like Ms. Stewart for you. She's really cool, and she doesn't treat us like kids." I scrunched up my my nose.

"When we're not at school, just call her Noel. Anyway, she's only four years older than us, same as Alex.. Why didn't you ever tell me you we're with someone named Alex? Alex and I don't usually get along too well. We've just recently made up, but I didn't like that you were with her. I'll get over it though."

"Why don't you get along?"

"Well, just remember everything I told you about Grace, but put it with Noel.. Alex is Noel's best friend. The one who slept with her and then gave me a concussion. I've forgiven her, but I just see why she didn't like me now. She wanted the best for Noel, and I feel the same about you. But I'm not going to intervene or say anything anymore. I wish you two the best." She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Thank you Carter. I didn't realize that..." I nodded then smirked.

"I beat her at basketball too." She laughed and hit me, and Kale walked into the room.

"C has something to tell you." Amy said as he walked in. He looked at us confused and nodded. How do I say this? Just spit it out Carter. I took a deep breath.

"Kale, Grace is really Ms. Stewart, and Ms.Stewart is my girlfriend." He looked at me and burst out laughing. I chuckled nervously. He walked up to me and patted me on my back.

"That was a good one. I almost believed it, you're so serious. What if Grace really heard that? Listen here, I don't want you to become a player Carter. You said you liked Grace, you just asked her out. You shouldn't-" I sighed and grabbed his shoulders and shook him.

"KALE, IM NOT LYING. I SWEAR." I lowered my voice, but kept hold of him, and looked in his eyes. "Kale, really, Ms. Stewart is my girlfriend. Amy knows it. I mean, think about it. I'm never at lunch, I always go to her class in the mornings, I'm her favorite student, and if you haven't noticed, I bring her lunch everyday. The random lipgloss on my lips after lunch." He tilted his head to the side and his eyes widened.

"DUDE! YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH? Oh my God, that means you've kissed Ms. Stewart. YOU'VE KISSED HER. WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE? LIKE HEAVEN RIGHT?" Amy laughed and I smiled and shrugged.

"I mean it's really good, I'd expect so. I've never been to heaven so.." I said scratching my head confused.

"How'd it happen?"

"Well, Mark really did it. Just take everything I said about Grace, but put it with her. And please, around me, her name is Noel."

"Man, dude this is so surprising." I nodded.

"Kale, remember, no one can know this. To everyone else, her name is Grace. Just don't ever call her Grace to her face, she doesn't really like it." He nodded slowly.

"Very confusing, but okay." I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank buddy."

~

I woke up the next morning and looked at the time. My eyes widened, it was 10:45, and I had to get dressed, pick up Noel, and be there before 12.

"Kale! Wake up, I need to borrow some clothes." He nodded and turned over.

"Help yourself." He mumbled and I went into his closet.

I picked out a black pullover and some jeans and threw them on. My hair was good enough, so I just threw my glasses on and left out. I dialed Noel's phone number.