4 -new fear

that morning heejin woke up earlier than everyone in her room, so she spent the time waiting for sooyoung to wake up doing her makeup.

the group bathrooms were nicer than she expected. she was honestly expecting this whole ship to be shit but was pleasantly surprised.

by the time she had finished only jinsol was awake, so heejin sighed and went to her individual room.

her mind churned through the list of girls on the ship. there was sooyoung, the only other girl that seemed to be on her level, chaewon who obviously didn't want to get to know her, jinsol and jungeun who already hated her, those two girls that were always making googley eyes at each other, and then that one hyeju bitch. 

her mouth curled into a scowl. 

that girl had no business being so judgmental. 

then there were the poor kids, those two sisters that were too naive to be here, that super bubbly girl, and then the cat-faced girl. hyunjin. that girl was obviously already obsessed with heejin, there was no denying it. she'd caught her looking at heejin dozens of times, and every time when she's noticed, she started blushing. 

every. single. time. 

sure, heejin could play with the girl's heartstrings a little if she felt like it, but would it even be worth it? the girl seems kinda boring.

she heard her door creak and she shot up. 

"i didn't know if you were up or not"

sooyoung walked into her room, and was taken aback when she saw heejin. 

"is that what you look like when you wake up? what the hell? that's illegal."

heejin laughed. should she tell her how long she's been awake?

nah

"it's not like you woke me up, i've been up for a couple minutes."

"girl- a couple minutes?" sooyoung shook her head. "you're gonna have to wait for me to do my makeup before we get breakfast."

"that's fine, i can play something on the tv."

jinsol wasn't in the group room anymore, so heejin sat on the couch and started scrolling through the weird streaming service the tvs on the ship had.

heejin found a random kdrama and decided to watch it while sooyoung did her makeup, and soon enough the both of them were on their way to the main commons.

they walked in while someone was talking, but as soon as they entered the voice cut out. 

sooyoung leaned over and whispered, "you made that poor girl over there speechless." 

heejin looked over and saw hyunjin, one of the sisters, and the super bubbly girl.
and hyunjin was staring again. 

"ugh this is like the fiftieth time. i don't know if i need to directly tell her i'm out of her league cause she doesn't seem to be getting the hint."

sooyoung laughed.

the two of them looked at the calendar for the day on the wall. there wasn't anything planned for the day, but there was a short note.

"today is your first day! explore the ship, meet new people, and don't forget to have fun :) enjoy it!"

heejin looked over at sooyoung and saw her roll her eyes and mutter to herself.
"so cheesy."

the two of them walked over to the breakfast table and sooyoung put some bread in the toaster. "are you gonna get something?"

"nah, i'm probably gonna get some food from the store here."