12 -new changes

sooyoung was becoming weird.

she kept on being distant, not following her around as much, and leaving heejin on her own.

it made heejin sick to her stomach.

what does she have to do that's more important than me?

what made heejin feel even more sick was the fact that people noticed heejin was alone more. people could tell, and it made heejin less intimidating. people were less scared when she walked into a room, and gave her more looks of pity than she had ever gotten in her life. and she was done with it.

it was 9 in the morning, heejin was waiting for sooyoung to wake up. she had spent the whole night mulling over what she was going to say.

she sat there for thirty minutes waiting to hear anything from sooyoung's room, but nothing happened. until sooyoung walked into the dorm.

sooyoung didn't look like she'd been awake for long, not long enough to have been getting breakfast. she was still in sweats and her hair was matted against the back of her head.

"oh, hi heejin."

"where did you come from, you look like a mess."

sooyoung sighed and took a couple seconds before responding, "i spent the night in the infirmary. i wanted to help jinsol and jungeun."

"that's not true." heejin crossed her arms, trying to seem more confident than she felt in the moment.

since when did she care about them? and she didn't tell me?

that was the wrong move.

sooyoung scoffed, "when the fuck did you learn so much about me that you can tell me where i was and where i wasn't?"

"i never said that," heejin's arms unfolded and she immediately became desperate to maintain her relationship with sooyoung.

"then what was the point of calling me out?"

"i could tell you were lying."

sooyoung's face blanked for a second.

"it doesn't matter if you thought i was lying, i don't owe you an answer."

heejin started twiddling with her fingers. she said the wrong thing. but how does she fix it.

"why don't you talk to me anymore?" heejin almost let the words out with a sob but she focused back on her fingers.

"heejin, do you remember the night of the party?"

nothing came to heejin's mind.

"i actually... don't remember a whole lot."

"you were an asshole that night."

heejin's arm's defaulted back into being folded across her chest. "we're always mean to everyone. so what."

"you were an asshole to me, heejin."

she stood up and started to say something, but sooyoung cut her off.

"you flirted with chuu, got bitchy when she said she didn't want to fuck you, then said i was obsessed with you because i got mad."

heejin's throat went dry. her eyes fixated on sooyoung's furrowed eyebrows and slightly open mouth.

"why did you keep that from me."

"it was you who fucking did it, how was i supposed to know what you remembered?"

tension fell over the room as heejin stepped away from the couch to the middle of the room. anger grew in her stomach with each movement she made.

"tell me why you got upset then. if it wasn't your obsession with me, tell me." she needed answers.