5 -new questions

"please stay strong, and keep your spirits up. we will make it to the landing sight."

the room was smothered in silence.

the first person to make a move was heejin. jinsol watched as she stood on a table and cleared her throat.

"so we're probably all scared shitless about this."

a couple girls chuckled, and she continued.

"we're gonna be fine, ok? we took those dumb training classes that we didn't wanna take before this, so we know what's going on and how it's gonna be fixed. mina has like way too many people supporting her and this experiment so she will have as much help as possible. as long as you don't go batshit crazy and destroy this entire place i think we'll be fine."

heejin stepped down from the table and gave sooyoung a high five before they both left.  

jungeun got up as well, and jinsol jogged to catch up to her. she wasn't sure where jungeun was going, but it was better than going back to her group room.

the two of them found another room that somewhat looked like a library, and sat on the chairs.

"i wish they told us what happened so we could try to fix it."

jinsol turned to look at jungeun, and saw her staring at the wall in front of her. 

jinsol sighed. "if they told us what happened then we would try to fix it, which is what they don't want."

jungeun turned to jinsol and opened her mouth to respond, but jinsol continued talking. 

"we didn't get as much training as an astronaut is supposed to, which i understand considering how advanced korea has become in space and how this is mostly a social experiment, but that means that we don't know enough information to try and problem-solve. we could make things way worse, and since there's no one in charge that's out here with us they don't want to risk that."

jungeun huffed and stood up. "i get that and all, but i feel useless." she grabbed a book off the shelf and looked at it, then did the same to the book next to it. 

"you know what we could do,"

jungeun turned to her, and jinsol smiled. she knew she got her attention with that.
"we could study more and then know what's actually going on and feel smart."

jungeun turned and slumped into her chair again. 

"i thought you were gonna suggest something exciting."

"well we can make it exciting!" a ton of ideas swirled through jinsol's mind and her smile brightened. "we can have study sessions and use those colored highlighters and give ourselves projects! it could be so fun."

"jinsol we've already graduated high school and i'm almost done with college."

"this would just be studying with all of the benefits and none of the negatives! we can do it on our own time, we can make it all pretty and we won't be tested on any of the material!" jinsol started scanning the books on the shelf in front of her, then pulled on jungeun's arm to try and get her to stand up. "c'mon! it could be fun!"

jungeun gave in, and the both of them returned to the main commons with their books and notebooks they bought at the shop.

they walked in to hyeju and hyunjin sitting at a table, and overhearing hyeju talk more than they've ever heard her talk. 

as soon as they walked in she shut up and left, and hyunjin shortly followed.

"i guess they're friends now"