11- new fire

it was the loudest jinsol had ever heard jungeun yell.

"GOD, FUCK,"

her blood-curdling scream echoed through the ship and footsteps quickly collected through the halls as more people became worried. the door was opened to blood pouring from her scalp onto the linoleum floor and jungeun's limp body on the ground.

jinsol fell on her knees in front of jungeun and jungeun clung to her. "please, jinsol, don't leave. it hurts so bad, everything is on fire." tears mixed with jungeun's blood. there was so much jinsol lost track of where it was tainting.

"how do we contact mina?"

people rushed to find somewhere to contact the only person who would know what to do, while the room was filling up with the sound of jungeun's groans and worried whispers.

someone came up behind jinsol and got close to jungeun, but jungeun backed away. jinsol turned to see it was yerim, holding gauze and ace bandages.

"i can somewhat help" yerim got closer and jungeun didn't move this time, and she clung stronger to jinsol.

minutes passed by painstakingly slow, but jungeun was helped and brought to an infirmary.

she was placed on a bed, and after ten minutes or so most of the girls had left. jinsol, chaewon and yerim were the ones left.

"jungeun, what happened?"

she rustled in the bed and tried to take a deep breath. jinsol heard her voice shuddering as she spoke, "i remember being swung onto the floor."

jinsol's hand tightened on jungeun's, "someone did this to you?"

she tried remembering if anyone was in the room when they entered, but to no avail. all of her memories were flushing red with blood, jungeun's blood covering everything.

jinsol's eyes connected with yerim's, who was sitting on another bed.

"i don't remember seeing anyone there," yerim shook her head then turned to chaewon, who agreed.

"jungeun, do you remember who?"

jungeun's mouth started to open, but nothing came out. her hand loosened on jinsol's, and her eyes started to fall back.

chaewon rushed to jungeun, "fuck she's still losing a lot of blood."

gauze flung around as yerim hurriedly put more on, and jinsol felt tears pricker at her eyes. chaewon yelled something about contacting mina again, but jinsol couldn't move. she couldn't do anything knowing that she was losing jungeun.

days passed and jungeun hadn't woken up. they were told about a blood loss coma, and mina directed yerim on how to take care of her. jinsol had never felt this exhausted.

her urge to try and revenge jungeun kept on shriveling, and she started questioning what jungeun even meant by what she said.

it was too much to think about when watching her best friend crumble beneath her.

on the fourth day hyunjin visited, paying her respects and trying to console jinsol.

"how have you been doing?"

jinsol took a deep breath and focused on jungeun's face. "not very well. can't remember the last time i brushed my teeth or ate something other than the granola bars yerim has been bringing."

the girl shuffled and brought a chair close to jinsol. "i don't think there's anything i can do to help, but i can stay if you want?"

those were the words jinsol didn't know she needed to hear.