6 -new places

three days later, the girls had received no new information. rumors were floating around, and the air was getting tenser by the hour.

she leaned in to the screen in front of her. the chaos on it brought a smile to her face, this is going perfectly.

"mina, she told me she's ready to go on with the plan."

mina grinned to her assistant.

"fantastic."

✰ ☾ ✰

"may everyone please come to the main commons."

yerim looked at the people around her. her, yeojin, jiwoo and hyunjin were playing a card game, (they all contributed to pay, everyone felt guilty if someone else paid the full price because they all needed their reward money) but the announcement caused everyone to drop their cards and stand up.

yerim's eyes caught on yeojin, who saw her and made a grim smile.

she's nervous.

yeojin took a breath, "do you guys think they figured out our trajectory?"

everyone was hopeful, so no one wanted to suggest they didn't, but yerim knew they all had their doubts.

they arrived to the commons the same time as hyeju (who seemed annoyed) and chaewon shortly behind her.

the room was full of nervous but hopeful chatter, and mina's familiar face was projected onto the wall.

"i know you girls are stressed about the future of this experiment, but i promise things are going to be okay. in order to raise your spirits, we are opening a new room for you guys!"

yerim felt emotions collect in her throat.

so they haven't figured out how to help.

"if everyone will go to hallway 3B, the door to the room will open automatically when everyone has arrived. my voice will play over the intercom when you are out of range from this video."

a couple sniffles rattled around the room, before they silently walked to the hallway they were told to go to.

it feels like a funeral.

mina's voice chimed from the intercom, "we know the lack of information has been stressing you girls out, and we also know that this won't fix it, but we hope this will make you enjoy this trip more."

the doors to a room opened, and everyone walked in to a dark room.

in a swift movement the black walls and ceiling disappeared, to reveal the stars around them.

gasps echoed around the room. yerim had never seen anything so stunning.
thousands of milky stars were splattered across a black backdrop, with dusts of colorful ones adding warmth to the monochrome space. the room had the feeling as if you were drowning in stars, and the wave of emotions yerim was trying to stifle washed over her again.

"we originally planned to open this room when you girls landed, but we decided it would be better to open it to you girls now. the ship is at an angle so this room will never face the sun, so you won't have to worry about any harm coming to you. enjoy!"