13- new puzzles

chaewon had never been so excited over a spontaneous idea. she was always nervous to do something like this, afraid her father would get angry over a haircut or a new style of clothing.

"okay where do we go." hyeju stood up and turned to chaewon, who was still on the ground. "where do we get hair dye."

chaewon smiled and used her moment to take hyeju's hand in hers.

"follow me!"

chaewon was expecting hyeju to let go of her hand eventually, but all she did was readjust her hand to lace their fingers together.

chaewon walked quickly, she didn't want hyeju to rethink her decision and drop her hand.

when they arrived at the door, chaewon could feel hyeju's sleeve brush on her arm. her muscles froze in realization of how close they were, but hyeju pulled their hands behind her back and brought chaewon back to the world.

technically their hands were hidden, but anyone could look at them and know what was happening. chaewon smiled at the thought that hyeju barely cared.

hyunjin was the one that opened the door when she knocked. her eyes washed over chaewon and when they landed on hyeju, her nails started digging into chaewon's hand.

"hey hyunjin! we were looking for yerim?"

hyunjin nodded and gave chaewon a quick smile, but before she turned she glanced at their arms being so close.

when yerim came up to them she looked at the same spot hyunjin was, but quickly pretended like she didn't see anything.

chaewon looked to hyeju, but hyeju didn't seem troubled by people noticing.

she turned back to face yerim, "i was wondering if you brought any of your hair dye? you talked about doing that before."

yerim laughed, "i did, i thought i would end up getting bored here. what color? i have multiple purples, a mint color, and a light pink."

"we'll take the mint dye."

chaewon turned to hyeju, unsure of hyeju's choice. but her small smile was enough to convince her.

they brought all of the supplies back to chaewon's group bathroom.

"heejin and sooyoung haven't been here lately, i think they got into a fight," chaewon tried talking her way out of the awkwardness while hyeju was sectioning her hair, "and jinsol has, obviously, been spending all of her time in the infirmary."

chaewon tried to look at herself in the mirror, but her eyes would drift up to look at hyeju. she held her breath when she felt nails graze the back of her neck.

"let me know if i somehow hurt you, i don't wanna pull your hair too tight or something."

"no, you're fine." chaewon subtly smiled to herself.

now she's worried about me

the process was painstakingly slow. hyeju didn't want to miss any sections, and gowon was caught by surprise every time the cold dye would touch her scalp and then hyeju would apologize.

but chaewon was very happy to see such a big change on herself.

hyeju stepped around chaewon's chair and ended up in front of her, examining her head to see if there were any spots she missed.

when she was done she lifted up chaewon's face by placing her fingers under her chin. they locked eyes, and chaewon's mind went crazy.

hyeju's eyes fluttered down and back up again, and it took everything for chaewon to not scream.