7 -new love

yeah, the star room was pretty, but hyeju had to focus on other things.

like the announcement that mina just made, about a party in the new room.

i can't drink tonight.

"are you going to the party thing?"

hyeju turned to hyunjin, surprised she had spoken up considering they had been sitting in silence for the past five minutes.

"uh i think so, just make sure i don't drink anything, i can't handle my alcohol."

hyunjin gave a half-hearted laugh, "yeah, i'll probably be with you the whole time. if i do drink make sure i don't do anything dumb."

hyeju faced forward again, "yeah i will"

thirty minutes later the girls in hyeju's room were getting ready for the party while she sat on the couch waiting for hyunjin to come grab her.

the two lovebirds were doing each other's makeup, succeeding in making hyeju feel sick before drinking any alcohol.

jungeun was in the corner of the room doing her makeup in a handheld mirror. hyeju could obviously tell that she was rushing so she could leave the room to find jinsol.

i don't blame her.

it took a couple seconds to hear the knock on the door through haseul's and kahei's giggling, but when hyeju heard it she dashed to the door.

the door was opened to reveal a hyunjin that hyeju had never seen before. her hair was pulled up into a ponytail with some pieces down that framed her face, bringing attention to her dusty brown eyeshadow and deep rose lipstick.

hyunjin immediately started messing with her hair over the lack of a response from hyeju. "what, do i look bad?"

"no! no, you just look different." hyeju made an attempt to smile at hyunjin, trying to calm her down. "it's not a bad look on you."

hyunjin's face brightened into a smile, and the two of them made their way to hallway 3B.

there were tables full of drinks and miscellaneous snacks surrounding the two girls when they walked in, while yerim, yeojin and jiwoo were busy arranging the food.

"it looks stunning."

hyeju looked at the mesmerizing stars once again. "it definitely does."

the rest of the girls arrived in small batches, causing the volume of the room to slowly reach the level that hyeju was used to hearing at parties.

hyeju saw hyunjin stiffen as heejin and her annoying best friend strutted in.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom."

hyeju mindlessly nodded to hyunjin.

you know the routine. keep out of drinks, keep out of conversation, and keep out of trouble.

then chaewon walked in.

shit i should've known she was coming.

hyeju had been making a recent effort to avoid the blonde. she knew she needed help, but not on a spaceship where she can't escape and get a breather from the person playing therapist.

she had one briefly back home, but her family quickly ran out of money after that, so it was too time consuming to go to therapy and help her family with stealing cars on the side.

hyeju grabbed a bottle of beer and pretended to take a sip while chaewon passed by. thankfully she wasn't paying attention, so hyeju was able to quickly put the bottle down and remove herself from the table.