chapter eleven

chapter eleven - november, 1983

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"El!" Dustin yelled as the three of them were searching for their friend.

"Eleven!" Mike yelled.

"El!" Alex called, hoping her best friend would come back. "Please come back!"

"El! Eleven!" Dustin yelled.

"Hey, stop," Mike said as Alex and Dustin stopped yelling and walking and turned to Mike. "Do you hear that?"

"What?" Dustin asked but Alex grinned.

"El!" she yelled hopefully, "El?"

But it wasn't Eleven. Troy and James appeared from below a small hill and began walking towards Alex, Mike and Dustin. Alex's eyes went wide as she stared at them. She didn't notice the knife Troy had in his hand.

"Hey, there, Frogface, Barbie, Toothless," Troy said. Dustin dropped his bike and began running away

"Shit!" Dustin yelled, dropping his bike and running away, "run, you two!" Mike grabbed Alex's hand and ran after Dustin.

"What's happening?" Alex yelled, holding onto Mike tightly.

"Run!" Dustin screamed, "come on!"

"You're dead, Hart!" Troy yelled, racing after the three, mainly Alex, with James at his side.

"Move, Alex! Mike! Mike, come on, run!" Dustin yelled to them as Alex and Mike raced after him.

The three of them ran towards the quarry, out of breath as Troy was catching up to them.

"Cramp!" Dustin yelled, slowing down.

"Just keep going!" Alex screamed as she and Mike overtook Dustin, "keep going!" Her heart was pounding as Troy got closer to Dustin. Alex looked up and yelled in surprised when she saw James running towards them from the other direction.

"Shit!" Dustin yelled as the three of them stopped running, accepting that they were cornered. Mike picked up a rock from the ground while Dustin picked up a stick.

"Stay back!" Mike yelled, "don't come any closer!" He threw the rock, but ended up missing them by a long shot. James scoffed while Alex held his arm, her eyes filled with fear.

"Nice throw, numbnuts," James said scoffing. Dustin ran forward yelling with  his stick in his hand as he tried to hit Troy with it. Troy however, leant back, dodging the stick as Troy turned him around and held him with his arm around Dustin's throat, holding the knife to his neck.

"Get off!" Dustin yelled, "get off me!"

"Let him go!" Alex yelled as James snuck up behind them and held Mike in the same position so he couldn't run. Alex turned behind, her eyes wide. " Let him go!" She went to run to Troy to save Dustin, but Troy held the knife to his throat.

"Stay back, or I cut him and your little boyfriend!" Troy threated, making Alex stop.

"What do you want?" the blonde yelled.

"I want to know how you did it!" Troy yelled at her as Dustin and Mike struggled against Troy and James.

"How I did what?" Alex yelled.

"I know you did something to me," Troy hissed at her, "some nerdy science shit to make me do that."

"You mean piss your pants?" Alex asked, her eyes wide.