chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen - november, 1983

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"She's barely breathing," Alex said, looking up at her friends.

"We gotta go," Lucas said, but a voice stopped them.

"Leave them." Alex stood up and saw Brenner standing there. "Step away from the girls."

"No!" Alex said, the familiar red energy balls appearing at the palms of her hand as her eyes glowed red. "You want her, you have to kill me first."

"That's right!" Dustin yelled as Mike stood next to Dustin.

"You won't touch either of them!" Mike yelled.

"Eat shit!" Lucas yelled. Alex didn't notice as agents snuck up behind them and grabbed the boys.

"No, no!" Mike yelled as Alex turned around.

"No! No!" Dustin yelled, "get off me!"

"No!"

"Ow!" Mike yelled, "let go!"

"Let them go!" Alex yelled, the energy balls growing brighter.

"Ah, Seven," Brenner said as he began walking towards her, "nice to see you again."

"Get away," she said, holding her hands out in front of her.

"Last time we met, you killed all my guards," Brenner said, "then you ran away didn't you?" Alex said nothing as she stared at him. "And then, your parents died when you and that Jesse kid were at the arcade, didn't they?" Alex's energy balls faltered as she stared at him.

"Alex, don't listen to him!" Mike yelled. "Please!"

"W-What?" she asked, her eyes going back to blue.

"They died," Brenner said, an evil looking grin on your face, "for you. They died because of you."

"No," Alex said, her eyes watering as she shook her head, "no you're lying!"

"I killed them," Brenner said, "here." He threw a necklace at Alex and as the blonde caught it, her energy balls vanished. It was the necklace her mother was wearing the last time Alex saw her. Alex fell to the floor, her vision blurry with tears as she felt herself getting weaker. Brenner walked over to Alex and picked her up in his arms while another agent picked up El.

"Let her go!" Mike yelled, desperate to get to Alex, "let her go, you bastard!" Alex looked up, the necklace tight in her hand as she looked at Mike.

"Shh, shh, you're sick," Brenner said, "you're sick, but I'm going to make you better. I'm going to take you back home, where I can make you well again and you can be safe. Where we can make all of this better, so no one else gets hurt."

"No," she said, "Mike is safe." She looked at Mike. "Mike." The electricity around them began faltering as Mike looked around.

"Blood," he said as Alex cried.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Blood," he repeated as a loud thudding sounds came from the wall. Before any of them could blink, a large creature burst through the wall, screeching loudly. It had the body shape of a human, but it's head was shaped like a flower with teeth and slimed and all sorts of disgusting things on the inside of what looked like petals.

"Demogorgon," Dustin said as Alex looked up, her eyes wide. While the guards were distracted with shooting the Demogorgon, Mike and Dustin ran over to the girls.