chapter thirty five

chapter thirty five - july, 1985

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once Mike decided to tell the girls what the plan was, everyone went their different ways. Will and Lucas were sneaking into the maintenance shed, Max was keeping an eye on her brother with Eleven and Alex was making her way towards a locked storage room, unaware of who was following her. The blonde let her eyes go red and the energy ball appeared as she flicked the ball at the lock, breaking it and letting it drop to the floor. She smiled to herself before opening the door and looking around. She smiled when she saw a dummy lying on a shelf. She walked over to it and picked it up.

"Hey, I found the breakers." Alex knew it was Mike as she kept her back to him. "Whoa, that thing is super creepy." Alex turned around and Mike took the dummy from her, causing the blonde to look confused. "Let me see it," he said as he held the dummy up next to him. "I think this'll work. Right, buddy?" He looked at dummy as Alex looked at him like he was insane. "Right, Mike," Mike said in a squeaky voice, pretending to be the dummy. Alex stared at him for a few seconds before grabbing the dummy from him and began to walk out of the room. "Hey, Alex?"

"What?" Alex asked, turning around to face him. 

"I lied, about Nana," he said as she looked at him.

"I know, you told me" she said. She turned around to leave, but Mike started speaking again.

"Right, right, right," he said as the blonde turned back around. "No, I just. . . . think it was important for you to know the context. Jesse, he went all crazy on me, telling me I'm spending way too much time with you. He made me lie. I mean, you're the most important thing to me in the world."

"What if he's right?" Alex asked, leaning the dummy against the door and putting her hands on her hips.

"What?" Mike asked as Alex raised an eyebrow.

"Jess," she said as Mike shook his head.

"No, no, no, no," he said, "he's just some angry old man who hates joy." Alex pursed her lips.

"But if I only see you. . . ." she began as she walked to Mike and poked his chest as Mike rubbed the spot, acting as if it deeply pained him, ". . . .and I'm a different species than you, then I should be with my species more, right?" She sent him a sarcastic smile as Mike looked at her confused.

"What are you talking about?" he asked. She shrugged innocently as she looked at him. Mike thought about what Alex said before he gasped.

"Did you spy on me?" he asked, "that's totally against the rules."

"I never liked rules anyway," the blonde said before picking up the dummy and walking out of the room. She stopped walking and as she was about to turn back, she shook her head and kept walking.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Okay," Alex whispered to her friends, "it's nine and the pool is closed, and Billy's the only one left. It's now or never guys." The six of them were in the gym room, going over the plan. 

"Is everyone ready?" Mike asked as they nodded.

"Let's do this," Max said. The six of them went of into two's and made their way for the plan. The plan was that Will and Lucas would lock the door to the lockers shut, making sure he couldn't escape. Then, Eleven would kill the power and Max would radio the former couple, allowing them to taunt him, brining Billy towards them. While the other four were doing their part, Alex and Mike were sitting together in the room before the sauna.