Chapter 13

-Y/n's P.O.V-

Everyone was gone. I cleaned my room and made sure everything was perfect! Nathaniel was coming over soon and it's been so long that I'm actually nervous.

It feels like we're strangers right now but I want this funk to end. I keep checking my phone but no texts from him.

Kitty~
I'm sure you'll do fine c:

Me
I'm still nervous t^t

Kitty~
Don't worry so much about it, my fencing classes are starting soon and I have a new partner so I'll text you when I get home

Me
Okay have a good time <3

I put my phone down and just pace back and forth. We settled on 2:00pm and it's 1:53pm. Should I text him to see where he is or if something came up?

Well it's been a while so I understand the hesitation. Maybe he'll finally tell me what's been going on. I grab my phone and just stare at the lock screen of my friends and I.

-

Me
Hey did something happen? It's 2:30 and I know we settled on 2 so let me know if something just came up

Adrien is still at fencing practice and everyone else is just busy. What happened?

My eyes start to fill up with tears. He didn't stand me up. Then where is he? Why isn't he answering my text or dragging to come?

A few knocks come and I look at my door. I immediately wipe my tears and clear my throat before walking to the front door and opening it. It's Nathaniel with a red face.

"I'm... sorry," He says, looking at the ground. "I was scared to come and I-I was out here for... I was scared to even knock."

"It's okay, come in" I step to the side and he comes in. I invite him to sit on my couch and we get comfortable. He takes a few glances around and I start to look for something on the TV and leave it on.

The awkwardness is filling up the room and I try to focus on the TV show but my eyes keep going to my friend for just a quick glance. What should I say? Should I wait for him to say something?

"Are-"

"I need to tell you something" Nathaniel cuts me off and I feel some relief. Damn I was going to ask if he was hungry.

"What is it?" My heart races a little. He starts to talk about his family situation. His parents arguing, the lecture situation and the upcoming... divorce.

"I know we've been apart and I've been really... really rude," He sighs. "I'm really sorry, Y/n."

"No I'm sorry! I didn't know this was happening and I'm glad you told me," I say. "I might have rudely jumped to conclusions before and I'm sorry for pushing you to open up to me."

There's a bit of silence and Yuu and Mika come in.

"Oh!" Both of my boys go up to Nathaniel and run against his legs. Nathaniel picks up Mika and let's him. "I'm glad he's safe."

"Yeah he did come back home... I guess I'm not the only one he missed" I say. Mika purrs softly and I pick up Yuu to give him the equal attention.

"I... really am sorry for snapping at you before," He starts. "Everything was just so frustrating and I didn't know how to function right... I snapped at Elliot too but that's when you came in and..."

His face turns into a guilty expression while he stares at Mika.

"When you hugged me, it really grounded me! I was just taking my frustration out on everyone, on you! The person that's been there for me through everything and I pushed you away," I see his eyes start to glisten. "I know it looks like me and Elliot have been getting really close but no one can replace my best friend. I hate myself for making it awkward between us and I really hope we can be best friends again."

I put Yuu down and interlock my hands. My brain is racing but I take a big breath and look at him.

"You're going through so much right now," I start. "You have a lot on your plate and there is only so much a human— a teen can handle. You snapping is understandable and Nathaniel... I'll always be here for you! I'm so glad you've opened up to me about this and please don't hate yourself for anything, things happen and it's so much better when you don't bottle them inside.

"I'm sorry you're going through something really hard," I grab one of his hands. "And I need you to know that I'm here if you need anything and nothing is your fault."

Tears stream down his face and I find myself crying as well. We pull each other in for a hug and I pat his back while he cries. I can't believe he was going through this alone and hopefully he lets me help ease his sadness through this divorce.