Chapter 5

Enjoy~

____________________________

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

Nathanael hasn't texted me since yesterday and today I decided to hang out with Marinette instead, besides me and her don't really go out often anymore.

"I'll have two scoops of vanilla" Marinette says.

"And I'll have two scoops of vanilla and chocolate with sprinkles please" I say. The man nods and gives us our number. (I love vanilla so if you don't just pretend it isn't???)

We get out of the long line and into a table.

"So how have you been?" I ask.

"Pretty good and you?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"Same" I say. Marinette raises her eyebrow and asks me if I'm sure which slightly surprises me. "Yeah, I mean aren't I always?"

"Chat told me about your disagreement" She says. "I didn't think you'd be okay after that."

"I mean it's unfair because I want to be there to help" I say. "I don't just want to be home and wait to hear the details."

"I'm pretty in-between in this disagreement" She says sheepishly. "Chat wanted me to agree but of course we could use the help but I do also worry about your safety."

"Everything always works out in the end, doesn't it?" I shrug. Marinette shrugs back and furrows her eyebrows.

"Number 4! Number 5!" The man shouts. Me and Marinette stand up and thank the man before grabbing our ice cream. We decide to walk to a park.

"Enough talk of that" Marinette says smiling. I'm glad she changed the topic. "How's it going with Nathanael?"

"Ah I don't really know" I answer sheepishly. "He's been kind of weird lately but once he decides to respond to my texts I plan on asking him."

Marinette nods her head before asking, "What do you think is making him act weird?"

"I don't really know" I say. "He isn't one to really to tell what's wrong... he's always kept to himself even from me."

Thinking about it makes me even more worried. Nathanael never likes to talk about his family nor himself. I mean I'm practically an open book and I can't hide my emotions as well as Nathanael.

"Oh God I'm such a bad best friend" I look at my ice cream.

"Why?" Marinette asks. I explain to her our phone calls yesterday and my response to Nathanael's mood.

"...then when I was a cat, Elliot said that he was getting worried about him" I say. "Out of all people, why is Elliot worries about my best friend?"

Marinette chuckles quietly and my cheeks burn a bit.

"So over protective huh?" Marinette says. I nod sheepishly and she nods saying she understands. "But maybe you should be straight forward and ask him what's going on."

I shrug as I eat some of my ice cream.

"Yeah I guess" I sigh and we eat our ice cream and change the subject. Suddenly, my phone buzzes from getting a new text.

~Nathanael's P.O.V & small time skip~

Elliot: Are you okay after yesterday?

I just look at Elliot's text and close my phone. I didn't really want to talk about it. I'm not used to talking about myself, no matter how many times (Y/n) has tried to, I just never did.