Chapter 11

Enjoy~

______________________________

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

Marinette and I have made a few macaroons and some simple brownies. We didn't speak much, only to ask for ingredients

"Are you okay?" Marinette asks.

"Yeah," I reply. "I just woke up from a nap so I'm still a little sleepy."

We finished the macaroons and brownies and go to her room to watch movies. The brownies weren't exactly cool yet so the smell just filled the room. We watch the movie until I speak up.

"Nathanael hasn't spoken to me in a while," I say. "And something is going on with him."

Marinette looks at me and lowers the volume on the TV.

"What?"

"He's hanging out with that one boy a lot and I know something is going on with him," I say. "but I don't want to push him to tell me."

"Well if that's the case, it might be really personal to him and you shouldn't push him on it," Marinette says. "I'm sure he'll tell you when he's ready."

"And... I hate being cooped up at home because you and Chat think I'll be in danger," I say. "After everything that's happened ever since I've transferred, I'm still here in one piece."

"But that can change in any moment, y/n," Marinette says. "We've talked about this."

I stay quiet, my eyes lowering to the floor.

"We really care about you and Chat would go nuts if something really dangerous happened to you," She says. Marinette places her hand on mine and grabs it, giving it a squeeze. "We all want you to be safe."

"I know" I say, smiling. I return the squeeze and continue to watch TV. Marinette mumbles something. "what?"

"Nothing!" She chuckles. "Let me measure you for some clothes I've been working on."

-

The next day at school, I was unbelievably tired. Sleeping all the time was taking the expected toll.

"I really have to fix my sleep schedule" I whine.

"Here girl, I brought some coffee," Alya says. "Marinette tells me so I thought this would happen."

"Thank you so much, Alya!" I exclaim as she brings out the glass container with the familiar green and white logo. "I owe you my life!"

"I'll look forward to that" she says with a wink. I stare at her with a look of shock until Alya breaks out laughing and confirms she's just joking. Nathanael walks in and goes to his usual spot. I watch him carefully and think about what Marinette said.

"It might be really personal to him and you shouldn't push him on it... I'm sure he'll tell you when he's ready."

I should wait for him to tell me but that won't happen if we stop hanging out and I don't want to stop being there for him.

"I'll be right back" I say to Alya. She gives me a thumbs up before I stand up and go to the red head. He's reading a book. I sit down and and Nathanael looks at me.

"Hey," I say. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"Yeah... hey," he says. "Sorry I didn't reply to your text."

He saw it but at least he didn't open it and just close it.

"It's okay, I was just wondering if you were free tomorrow," I say. "We can go out to eat and stuff."

"I don't know if I can tomorrow," He says. My heart hurts a little. "And I was planning to just hang out with Elliot."

"Oh... okay" I hold back my frown and staple my smile in place. I started to get emotional so I just get up and start to go. Marinette took her seat and Adrien is here! I go sit by him and scoot on closer.

"Hey Adrien" I say. Adrien gives me that million dollar smile that makes me melt. He says hello back and the teacher comes in and the class starts.

-

During the break, Adrien and I sit with the group and I spot Nathanael alone.

"Should I invite him over?" I ask Adrien.

"Yeah, why not?" He replies, pushing me a little to go. I go up to Nathanael and he sees me coming.

"Do you want to sit with us?" I ask. He stares at me for a while.

"Um... no thanks," He says. I blink in a bit of surprise. "I gotta go."

Nathanael packs up his stuff and leaves. I stare at the spot he was just sitting at. My chest starts to feel heavy and tears form.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

I start to hear the little flaps of a butterfly.