Chapter 14

Read Author's note at the end.

~Y/n's P.O.V~

Nathaniel ended up staying until the night. We've caught up so much. I fully told him about Chat and Ladybug wanting me to stay home from danger and obviously he still sided with them. He told me about his art lessons with Elliot and how he's getting better.

"Honestly... I thought I was beginning to like him but I figured out that it was nice having another friend," He told me. "I didn't have a lot of other friends beside you so it was nice hanging out with him."

Slowly but surely, the wall that separated us was torn down. It was the best feeling ever, it didn't feel like before but more gentle and truthful between us. I could feel our development as we talk more.

-

Me and Adrien settle into a hidden gem cafe near school.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just needed to talk to you about things," I say. "About me being outside when you and Ladybug are doing your duties."

His face turns one of anticipation and a bit of hesitation to hear what is next.

"You guys are right... I can't keep being out there and having you guys worry about me that you can't even save the whole city" My head lowers a bit in acceptance of the reality.

"You can be so serious," Adrien chuckles. "I'm glad we're able to solve this problem together, me and Ladybug really worry for you and if something were to happen to you... it hurts to even imagine that."

I take a bite out of the pastry I bought and watch him do the same.

"But you know... I see reporters or bloggers are usually on the scene.." His eyes look around innocently. "If I were to see them out there, I can't really take them away from the scene."

"Oh really?" A smile appears on my face with a teasing look. He nods his head sarcastically.

"Of course! I can't interrupt their work!" A laugh escapes in between his words. "But! Every now and then! I did hear Alya is looking for a cohost on her show."

My heart feels warm at our compromise. We finish our drinks and pastries before heading to our school. I hate my seat next to Nathanael and give him a little wave.

Nathanael and I listen to the teacher as class begins and the school day goes as usual. It finally feels like things have gone down to a normal routine. I watch Nathanael doodle on the edges of his papers and I do the same.

He has told me that they are halfway through the process but after starting family therapy, I can see the drastic change for the better. It has forced him to mature faster than a lot of our other classmates but he's still kept his creativity and empathy. Adrien and I are even better now especially after this morning.

Alya was so excited about me asking to be her cohost and she's put me in the loop of her process for everything.

-

It's been a few weeks and everything has been good. It feels like the storm is finally over and there no more misunderstandings. Chloe definitely keeps her smart remarks to herself more but even then, they are just avoided.

Alya and I have been doing good on her blog and, as always, our city is safe. Our heroes are definitely putting in the work to keep all of us great!

I still have a bothersome feeling of seeing Elliot and Nathanael spend more time together than we would but I really need to get my feelings together since Nathanael is his own person. He's going through enough, the last thing he needs is me putting him on a leash.

We came a really really long way so I don't want to tarnish any of our friendships after everything we went through.

"Y/n! Let that cat in!" I hear dad yell. I didn't even hear Yuu meowing. I get up to open it and the furball runs in, joining Mika on my bed.

"You guys are taking my spot" I huff, scooting them over enough to get on my bed. The ground shakes ever so slightly and I peek out of my window to see a giant gummy bear walking around followed by the silhouettes of our heroes.

If I could have a Miraculous, maybe I could someday join them.

__________________________________

heyyyyy, i've definitely been struggling to find a better direction to put this story in so it isn't rushed to end but it isn't way past its ending (much like the reality of the miraculous show) so i'm definitely going to end the story soon but i want to write it so it wraps it up nicely! many of you have been by my side since i was freshly going into high school and i am currently 22 so im sure you can imagine my struggle to keep writing something like this without my obsession with the show that prompted me to even start this.

i definitely do this more for you all to enjoy than my own enjoyment (practically none) of reading 'x reader' to characters that are way below my age so please be patient with me. i want to give the viewers what they want and that's definitely what i'm aiming for! i've seen you all wanting a update so i hope you forgive me. feel free to suggest any ideas below!

will be trying to write fanfics of characters a lot more closer to my own age like jjk etc!