Chapter 12

I speed walk away from the Akuma who's gradually getting closer. I go to Adrien and grab his arm.

"Y/n?!" I pull him into a isolated area and let go of his arm. "What's wrong?"

"Calm me down" I say. I'll get akumatized.

"What?"

"Calm me down!" I say louder, holding back my tears. "Please just calm me down."

Adrien pulls me into a hug and pets my head.

" It's going to be okay" Adrien whispers to me. I press the side of my head on his chest to hear the soothing rhythm of his heart beat. My arms hug him tightly and eventually I calm down as he continues to talk to me.

"Thank you," I say.

"No problem" Adrien says, kissing my head. I take a couple of deep breaths before I look at Adrien.

"I don't want to lose my best friend" I say.

"You won't," Adrien pets my head. "He might be having a difficult time right now and he just needs space... you'll have to be really patient."

"Thanks," I sigh. "For a second I heard an Akuma so I got scared."

"I'm always here to make you feel happy and calm," He says. "It's my job and if you do get akumatized, you know I'll save you."

His emerald eyes shine in the sun and I stare right at them, admiring.

"What?" He chuckles.

"Why are you so pretty?!" I whine. Adrien blushes immensely and shakes his head, stammering. The contrast of him and Chat is so funny and it's even funnier that he's a model, shouldn't he be used to compliments? We walk back to the group and I take another deep breath. Those feelings were so strong, it almost made me get akumatized!

~Nathanael's P.O.V~

After Y/n asking me to sit with them, I got up and went to the library. I wanted to be alone. The big day was coming, the day I didn't think would come so soon.

In five days, my parents will sign the papers and get everything done. They won't tell me the situation about me and anything else yet. It kept me up a long time and Elliot has been making sure I was fine. I'm distancing myself from my best friend and it hurts to.

I should try to hang out with her and try to tell her. Yeah I think I should.

Me
Actually, yeah we should hang out tomorrow.

I look at the text for a few seconds before putting my phone down. The screen lights up with a notification.

Y/n
Okay! We can just hang out at my house and order something.

I watch the screen turn black and go back to my book, my fingers clenching the sides of the books until it aches.

- Y/n's P.O.V -

Marinette has been talking to me about this boy named Luka. She says it's been going really good but that it's hard to manage the relationship when she's Ladybug.

"Every time I think we're going to kiss, a villain pops up and I have to leave!" She sighs. "And I hate lying so I don't want to lie to my boyfriend and I hate lying to Alya!"

"Yeah I see that, I'm sorry that I can't do much to help" I say.

"You listening is already so much help, I've been going crazy just keeping it in" Marinette sighs. I scoot closer to her and put my hand in her shoulder.

"These things will work out, I know right now it seems like things are tough but if anyone deserves a happy ending, it's you," I say. "You help everyone, Marinette!"

She gives me a hopefully smile and touches my hand.

"Thanks, Y/n."

We hug each other and I feel a bit better with just the overall situation. I'm sad I can't take the burden off of her shoulders. Marinette is so used to taking care of everyone else, all of Paris, that she forgets to take care of herself as well.

"Please remember to take care of yourself."