🌞Chapter 45🌻

PRESENT
🌞🌻

Maybe one of the hotel staff had come. Lying on the bed, his body open, the lingering echoes of his pleasure still ringing through him, Gulf was gazing up at the ceiling when he heard the door close.

Normally, the two would now take a shower together, washing each other's bodies in the unquenched flames of passion, bringing in the next round.

Usually Gulf had work the next day, and he would return home sleep-deprived only to change clothes and head back to work. He surprised himself with how much stamina he seemed to have, but Mew was even tougher than him.

After sex, even if Gulf collapsed into near unconsciousness, Mew would pick himself up and sit at his desk. He was constantly on the phone, and it wasn't unusual for him to interrupt the act itself if he got a phone call in the middle of it.

"...which we wanted to inform you about," he heard a familiar voice say.

Gulf sat up in surprise at the unexpected sound. Mew came back into the room with AA behind him. Gulf recalled that he was still completely naked and he hurried to burrow into the crumpled sheets, drawing them up over the top of his head.

Of course, as Mew's aide, AA had to know that the two had gotten back together. But given the events of eight years before, Gulf felt too embarrassed to face him.

Mew was true to form. Gulf wondered what he was thinking inviting someone into the room without cleaning up at all after their affair.

"I get it already. You don't have to keep telling me. God, you're pushy."

"I apologize," AA said as he took mourning clothes out of a bag. He spread them out on the edge of the bed and began unbuttoning the jacket. Mew took off his bathrobe, and AA drew the sleeves of a dry cleaned shirt over his arms.

"I've hired a car to take you to the funeral home. After the wake, I communicated to you that there was something I wished to discuss with you, so I have taken seats at the Sen no Rikyu tea house in Akasaka."

Gulf found AA's language incongruous.

"Sen no Rikyu? It's been awhile since I saw the hostess there. Is she still doing it with dad?"

"I am not privileged with the details. But I am very pleased to have the opportunity to see you, Mister Mew, and speak with you about this."

AA had always talked to Mew with extreme humility. But something in the fine points of his words and behavior had communicated the closeness between the two despite the difference in their social levels.

But it was different now.

Mew allowed AA to dress him as a matter of course, and AA did it, also as a matter of course. But Gulf didn't pick up on any of the affection that he used to sense between them. It seemed instead like two strangers interacting.

"Gulf," Mew called to the man curled up in his bed, as if he had just remembered that he was still there. Gulf pulled back the sheets and stuck his head out slightly. Mew was already dressed in his funeral clothes. The sight of him made Gulf's loins ache.

Mew had always radiated masculinity, and it exuded from him even in those clothes. But in his standard black suit, a necktie tied neatly under his collar, he looked almost beyond sex.

"I'm going to a wake. I don't know what time I'll be back tomorrow. You can go home whenever you want to."

"Huh?"

"Don't look like an abandoned puppy. You're making it hard for me to leave."

"I-I'm not---"

'An abandoned puppy---' Gulf couldn't finish his denial. Mew came to Gulf's pillow side and ripped the sheets away from him. He thrust his hand behind Gulf's neck and forced a kiss against his lips, as if he were feeding off of him. The kiss was more lustful and tender than usual. Gulf's eyes widened in surprise, and Mew pushed deeper, as if he had suddenly become aware of something.

He nestled his own lips inside Gulf's half-open mouth and caressed the roof of his mouth in sticky confusion. As soon as Gulf began to react, Mew pulled away.

He slowly licked his lips and grinned. "Don't worry. I'll be back soon to make you scream again."

Gulf was shocked by the lewd movement of his tongue and his overconfident words, but Gulf couldn't say anything in response.

"AA." Mew's voice was loud as he called AA, who was standing behind him.

"Yes, sir."

"Can you take care of the rest?"

"Certainly, sir. I will see you there." AA bowed with perfect ease to his young master, and escorted him out of the room.

Gulf waited until he heard the door slam shut, then leapt out of the bed. Clothes were strewn on the floor, evidence of last night's indiscretions. He hurried to pick them up and went into the bathroom.

Directly across from him as he entered was a half-length mirror that showed Gulf's reflection.

Gulf felt strangely detached from his image, the naked body of an adult man covered with the marks of his fierce love affair.

Eight years before, Gulf had slept with Mew for the first time. He had stayed thin, and though his frame was undeniably masculine, nowhere did he have the same manly charm that Mew had. But still, compared to what Gulf was now, his inexperienced youth had probably given him a freshness that Gulf had never recognized himself.

But what did he have now?

He still had a baby face, but it wasn't remarkable for a twenty-six year-old. He had matured well, but it wasn't anything to brag about.

Why did a mediocre body like his excite Mew so much? Why did they sleep together constantly, with barely enough time to take a breath?

Resting his hands on the marble counter, Gulf examined his own face.

"Maybe I really did look like a puppy..."

He stared at himself intently, but he saw nothing. He decided that Mew must have seen something in him that Gulf couldn't.

"Are you inside, Mister Gulf?"

A knock came at the door behind him, and AA's voice interrupted his thoughts. Gulf thought he had left. He spun around to face the door.

"Uh, yes. I'm changing." He said, hurriedly pulling on his pants.

AA's voice hadn't changed at all in the last eight years, it was still lifeless and uninflected. That was what made it sound so chilling. No matter how often Gulf heard it, he never became immune to its effect.

"I'm going to go home soon, so no need to worry about me..."

"Could I beg a moment of your time when you are finished changing?" AA asked, ignoring Gulf.

'It's finally come---' ever since he had met Mew again, Gulf had imagined that this would happen.The memories of eight years ago came to life again in his mind.

Was AA going to rub reality in Gulf's face again, like last time? Was he going to tell Gulf that he was living in a dream world?

He felt a chill run down his spine as he tightened his necktie with trembling hands.

"Sure," he agreed.

TBC