Chapter 11: Paparazzi & The Problems They Caused

Kim’s POV

I woke up, feeling happier than I usually did and stumbled out of the covers. I went downstairs and made myself some toast, since I was out of a lot of things. I must go to the supermarket today. I finished my single slice of buttered bread and took a quick shower.

I dried my hair, slipped on my black leggings, and shrugging on a white top over it and my favorite grey sweater along with my winter boots. I grabbed my purse and my car keys. I walked out to the cold wind and got in my car, not forgetting to roll my windows down a bit, feeling the cool air on my face. I couldn’t start the day in a better way.

I reached the farmer’s market a few blocks away. Merry men and women were chatting, looking happy as they may be, and little kids laughing and playing around. I swear, it made me feel so happy. I loaded my basket with vegetables and fruits, eggs and milk, and all the other stuff I was out of. At the end of it all, there was a little store, and on the outside, near its doors, was a rack of magazines which included Twist and J-14. I decided to check them out.

I don’t know if I was lucky or not, but lucky I guess, because if I hadn’t seen them, I wouldn’t have been able to stop the rumors at all. Right there, on the front page, was a little picture of Kendall and me, looking at each other as if we were so happy in love. But that was wrong!

I mean, sure if back when we were in love, we were happy, but this is wrong! Kendall and I are not together, as it said on the fifth page!

I quickly paid for my things, and the magazine. I hurried back home and dumped my groceries in the kitchen before reading what they had to say thoroughly.

I began to read: [BTW guys excuse me for this article. It may, or may not sound like how J-14 writes. Apologies! ]

‘On a late October night ,Kim Hadley was spotted with none other than the hottie from Big Time Rush, Kendall Schmidt! In a Starbucks booth, both were cuddled up together, and seemed to be getting along really well.

                Sources report, that Kendall has known Ms. Hadley for as long time owing to the fact that he knows that she ‘doesn’t like coffee.’ Well even we didn’t know that! Furthermore, Kim seemed upset about something and Kendall, coincidentally, was there to comfort her. Shortly afterwards, they exchanged a last hug and departed on their different ways. Is Ms. Hadley cheating on her boyfriend Michael Clifford? Is something going on between the two cuties? Or are they just friends? What do the Schmidtsters and Hadlers think about this?

We certainly would want them to date, if they are already not together. Just look them! Are they cutest couple ever or what?!’

“CRAPHEADS!” I yelled out loud. I quickly got my phone out of my pocket and called Kendall.

“Hey Kims!” He greeted.

“Have you seen the new issue of J-14?!” I asked, straight to the point.

“No. Why?”

“We’re on the fifth page, genius!”

“What?!”

“Yes! They made some stupid story about us dating or whatever.”

“Fuck.”

“Ya think?!”

“Hey, calm down.”

“How can I?!”

“It’s just a rumor!”