Chapter 4: Life

“Kim? What’s wrong?” I asked putting my arms around her shoulders. She cried a little harder, breaking down into painful sobs.

“Life, is no good.” She whispered.

“Why? What happened?”

“Heart broken one too many times.” She sniffled.

“Shh. Shh, It’s okay. I’m here. I’m here for you, Kim.” I said trying to calm her down.. “Tell me what happened, please?” I said as I rubbed her am.

“M-mom d-died year before last, a-and Michael just cheated on me.”

“Kim, I’m so sorry!” I tried to hush her up because people were looking at us now. She sat up a little straighter, a few more tears rolled down her eyes, but she wiped them away. I feel like such an ass for not being there all those times when she needed me most.

She pressed her palms to her eyes and then straightened up. “I’m sorry…it’s just- I can’t take it anymore!” She burst out.

“Ba- Kim, Michael from 5SOS?” She nodded.

Asshole. I thought he was good. “Well he didn’t deserve you. And I’m so, so sorry about your mom. "D-Does Rebecca know?”

A look of surprise crossed her beautiful face. “You remember her?” Is that something to forget about? She was the one who told me to go for you. “How could I forget?” I asked. She smiled faintly and shook her head. “I don’t know what happened to her.” Then she sighed and leaned back. “So how’s it been? How’s uncle Kent? Kathy, Kev and Kenneth?”

Kim’s POV

“All well.” He replied.

“Sissy?”

“Loveable as ever.” He smiled.

“Oh, and Yuma?”

“Fat!” We laughed. Then all of a sudden, his face stiffened.

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s a  guy with a camera.” He said quietly, stealing a quick glance over the top of my head.

“So?” I asked, totally bewildered.

“Paparazzi.” He whispered.

“Uh-oh.” What do we do?!” I freaked.

“We…talk.” He said awkwardly.

“We are talking, genius.”

He shook his head and took a deep breath. “So, anyway, you got any pets yet?”

“I had a cat. A white Persian. I had her since she was like, thirteen days old, but then we had to let her go, ‘cause she was losing a lot of fur and my asthma was acting up, so yeah. I miss her, really.”

“What was her name?” He asked, interested.

“Fluffy.” I answered. “Honestly, she was the most beautiful cat ever, and her tail opened up like a fan, or a flower. Whateva. Forget it.” I said and we laughed.

See? This is it. Being around him, takes my mind off things. I love being in his company. He makes me feel so secure. He’s so amazing. So good. So understanding. So protective. So…loving. Too bad we’re just friends now. But I’m happy to  live my life with him as friends rather than with not him in it at all.

My life could actually get better now.

I smiled at him as my phone went off. I checked the caller ID. I looked up at Kendall, biting my lip. “Who is it?” He asked. “M-Michael.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird one, I know. Bu it gets better after chapter six. I promise.

Don't forget to vote & comment!

See ya in two days. :)