Chapter 1: The Breakup

To understand the flashbacks in this book, you must have to read Always Yours: I Love You first And yes I know it's not Monday, cuz that's when I promised this book, but I am free today so, anyway. Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------

Kim's POV

Hearts; broken. Relationships; torn apart. Lives; lived. Memories; as sharp as ever, and we, were as dumb as we may be. I moved on, well, I tried. I guess everyone did.

Some succeeded, some failed.

I was one of them. After the last goodbye, we moved to our seperate ways; our seperate lives.

For the first few weeks, we stayed in touch, but our lives were hustling, and we had to forget about each other and move on. So add another thing to that list. Promises; forgotten.

We, that is to say, I, couldn't really get over him. I became a celebrity. Everyone did. A singer and a model. For all I know, the boys landed roles in a TV show and became a band, some five years ago. Yes, I watched the show whenever I could, but believe me, 2:30 and 8:30 are usually the time for interviews and talk shows and recording sessions.

My current status: In a relationship with Michael Cliffrod. And even though I was with him, I couldn't hide the pang I felt every time I saw him kiss Jo. But they are the cutest couple ever, and I'm happy for them.

And that, brings us back to my life. The story you are about to read, begins here.

I shook my head. Clearing it of all thought and pulling over to my- our house.I wasn't really supposed to be home for another hour, but hey- I have my luck days too. I grabbed my guitar and locked the car. Two steps in, and I tripped. I looked at my feet.

Really?! A broken sandal. But wait, that means shopping! I don't like shopping. Ugh.

I got up, sighed, and picked up my guitar.

FLASHBACK 

He got up and opened his closet. I leaned over to see what he was doing. He was pulling out his Les Paul BFG guitar. He came an sat down beside me. "Which song?" He asked.

"What You Mean To Me" by Sterling Knight" --

END OF FLASHBACK 

I shook my head again, like a dog trying to get water out of his ears. Woah. That was so...old. I know, right? 

I walked across the lawn, smiling at the sunflowers. Wait, sunflowers? Ugh. Shut up.

I opened the door, and set my guitar aside, kicking off my shoes beside it, moving bare-foot around the house is kinda fun.

Down the hall and -wait! What's that noise? Sounds like moaning. No. Mike would never. Wouldn't he? I don't know.

A little further in, and the guest room's door came into view. It was ajar.

My hands trembling; I pushed the door open. I instantly wished I hadn't. Hadn't my heart been broken enough times in the past to be broken again? To face more pain?

He was there, and he wasn't alone. There was a girl with him.

I had seen enough. I don't have to test my heart to see how many more sorrows it can take in. I slammed the door shut and turned on my heel. Retracing my steps out of the house, picking up my guitar and slipping on my shoes along.

You're not crying. You ask why? Because I don't care any more. My heart had stopped. Literally. Who does he think he is? Does he think I haven't got friends? Does he think I need him? Well, thank you for your precious six months Mr. Cliffrod, but you are wrong. I have friends and I don't need you.

I have my own house on the other side of town and I've got all my essentials there. I don't need that jerk in my life. I don't need any one. But, what about- He is different. Shut it.

I hopped back in my car and drove, for another half hour at least. I finally arrived at the building I had bought three years ago. It had never looked so welcoming before. I unlocked the door and ran to the couch, hugging a pillow and letting the tears finally flow.

That is it. No more boys- What are you talking about? You've only been with Michael. Shut the bloody hell up. Chill...No more boys, and no more petty relationships. Actually, no work for another one month either. I need a break. My album can wait, so can my fans and so can Stan. (Manager)

~ An Hour Later ~ 

Texted Stan. He's fine with it. Slept for maybe, 30 minutes. Changed out of my day clothes, into a plain top and trousers, and I'm really hungry. I want cookies and hot chocolate. Only one place to be.

10 Minutes Later 

I walked into Starbucks and went straight to the counter. "A hot chocolate and a cookie please. Thanks." I said before the lady could even ask for my order.

"Kim Hadley?" I nodded. "You're in a mood."

"Yeah just broke up with Michael. Caught him cheating."

Why did I tell her that?

"Oh, you poor thing. What're you gonna do?"

"None of your buisness!" I spat, grabbing my cup and taking it to a corner. Okay fine, she was being nice. Nice, but nosy.

Soon, a few girls came up to me. "Hi Kim! Can we please have your autograph?!" "Please! Please!" "Can I take a selfie, Kim?!"

So of course I said yes. 5 minutes later, when they left, I don't know what came over me. I just - I don't know, as I munched on the dark chocolate cookie with the hot chocolate waiting for me on my table, I let the tears flow, I cried my insecurities away. I miss him. So much. Thank God I was in a corner so no one saw me. I slowly made my way through my drink and cookie. I had tear-tracks on my cheeks when I got up and tossed my empty cup in the waste paper basket near me. I turned around rubbing my red eyes, trying to erase him from my mind. I was almost at the door, when a vaguely familiar voice called out my name. "Kim?"