Chapter 2: The Scary Past

Kendall’s POV

Strumming the guitar, with my best friend beside me. Lost in thought, my mind looking in the past. I never thought the day would come. Never thought I’d have to leave her. But it’s been over eight years. You think I’ve forgot?

No. I haven’t and nor I ever will. It sends shivers down my spine to even think about her now. She’s probably married by now. The past is so scary. So many sad memories, so many broken hearts, and tears and un-kept promises. I don’t even know what became of the gals.

After Big Time Rush, the show- that is, I went back to my private music. James is doing movies, Carlos is making his own album, Logan is, ha ha, I don’t know. Acting?

I moved to Vegas. Leaving my memories behind. Leaving her behind. Why did it have to be like that? Why couldn’t she come with?

But who am I to demand that kind of stuff? I could’ve gone with her, I would’ve given up my life for her. But life isn’t fair.

It took her away from me. It took away my reasons to smile; it took away my happiness. It took my life away from me. It robbed me of my love.

And here I am, sitting in a box, strumming my guitar, my thoughts on her. Her beautiful eyes, her silky hair, sweet-smelling hair, her perfect figure, and her perfect voice.

“You’re not a typical kind of Beauty,

And you’re always dressing down to Spite”

FLASHBACK

I entered the dressing rooms. Rebecca was demanding her to wear a dress, but she just wanted to wear some jeans and a plain top.

"Hey Kenny!" She smiled as she saw me.

"Hey Kim! You look great!" I said. "Shut up, please. I look ugly." She said.

Rebecca smirked and left me alone with her. Not that I mind. "You don't look ugly. I mean it. You look absolutely stunning. Jeans and shirts are your style. You don't have to 'dress up' for a performance where you're supposed to be yourself.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Hey!” Dustin’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

“Oh, sorry. What?” I asked

“I said lets meet up later.” He said sighing and getting up.

“Yes. Okay sure. I’m gonna get some coffee. See you.” I told him and my way through all the guitar s and instruments lying here and there.

10 minutes later, I was walking through the doors of Starbucks and walking straight to the counter. “Kendall Schmidt?” The lady asked. I nodded, looking down. “It’s my lucky day.” She added. I nodded again, but with a sigh this time.

“Yes, sweetie?”

“Please don’t, and an almond milk latte, thanks.”

She frowned at me and handed me my cup. I sat in a comfy corner, and was, of course, soon surrounded by girls squealing for pictures. As they cleared out, I returned to my drink.

The quite night’s cool breeze was making me cold beside the hot coffee in front of me. A while later, still lost in the past, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl rise from the opposite corner. There were a lot of empty spaces in between. A girl with straight brown hair, twinkling tear-filled, big brown eyes, a jumper and jeans. She looked familiar. I know I’ve seen those eyes somewhere. I gazed at her as she threw her cup away. I stod up to get a better look. Is it- No. It can’t be. It just can’t. Is it possible? Could it possibly be-

“Kim?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

This is kinda short, but I swear it'll get better. I have it planned till chapter 18, and I'm still working on it. It'll get better. Promise. Next update is on Friday. Thanks for reading! Spread the word! Thanks!

I love you!! xxx