Chapter 18: The Date

This one is dedicated to @_KendallCG211_ @smiler111 and @MCSchmistHenderson :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendall's POV

I know I'm dreaming. Life can not get more perfect. I have Kim back. what else would I need? 

Not exactly. Excuse me? Not exactly yours. How? You just asked her back. And she said yes. But you haven't asked her out, and you haven't asked her to be your 'girlfriend' again. Point. ask her out for dinner. Sure? Absolutely. 

Listening to the little voice in my head for the first time, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts till they landed on 'Kims'. I made a mental note to change that to something else as I pressed her name and the options opened up. I pressed the little green phone, and the screen went dark, only a picture of her was in sight.

I put the phone to my ear just as she picked it up.

"Hey Kendall!" Sounds happy.
"Hey Kim! What's up?" 
"Playing random tunes on my guitar." 
"Cool. Are you er, alone?"
"Um...why?" 
"Just curious." I said. 
"Well, if you count Fluffy, then no." 
"Poor baby. What do you do all day?"
"Stalk Zac Effron." I could hear the smirk in her voice.
"Y-you like, Zac Effron?" I asked slowly, jealousy taking over me. Fuck. 
"He is SO hot."  There is no point in being dishonest.
"I'm jealous you know." 
"I'm not sorry." She laughed.
"Hey!" 
"Oh, come on, do you seriously think I like Zac more than Dan Stevens?"  What. The. Hell.
"Kim!" She was laughing so hard on the other end. That is the most adorable laugh I have heard. 
"Kid-ding!" she choked.
"So?"
"I like someone more than I like Zac or Dan." 
"Who?" I am a total goner.
"You!" 
I have died and gone to heaven.
"R-really?" 
"Uh-huh." 

"O-okay. So um, got any plans for tonight?"
"None." 
"Well would you like to go out with me?"
"I'd love to!" Why does she sound breathless? But of course she is. I'm Kendall Schmidt, aren't I?
"So, I'l pick you up at right. Wear something nice." 
"Fancy?" 

"No. Just a little. But no." 
"Okay. See you tonight, Ken." 

"See you." 

And done. Went well. Yep. 

~ 4 Hours Later ~ 

"MOM! How do I look?" I asked. She looked up and down at me. I wore a simple green plaid shirt and jeans. Mom smiled. "Perfect, sweetheart." I smiled back and kissed her cheek as Kenneth and Dad walked into the living room.

"What are we dressed fancy for?" Kevin asked.

"I'm not dressed up."

"For who, though?"

"Miss Hadley."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Come here!" He bro-hugged me and patted my back. "Got get her."

"Kendall?" Dad called. "Remember what I said?" 
"If she's the right girl, and if it were me, I'd wait a hundred years.
I nodded, and left. 

- At Kim's Place - (Kim's POV) 

"Hey." I opened the door and hugged him. Can I please not let go?

"Hi."

"You look great." He said.

Really? I was wearing a dark green dress with a tiny brown belt around the waist. My hair put into a puff and brown pumps and my clutch in my hands. I have an unbelievable fashion sense. No joke. I look great? Okay.

"Thanks." I smiled. He smiled back, he took my hand and led me to his car. He opened the door for me, got in himself and drove over to a restaurant. He took my hand again.

"Reservation for Schmidt?"

"This way, sir." The waiter, or whoever he was, led us to a table for two in a corner. Kendall pulled the chair back for me. I sat down and he pushed it in then took his seat himself. He's such a gentleman.

"Champagne?"

Kendall looked at me. I shook my head. I don't drink. At all. I mean, imagine I lost my head and kissed the waiter. Not nice. Kendall nodded anyway.

In the time the champagne came, he had taken my hand and was stroking it with his thumb. We ordered our food and chatted along as we ate.

"So, I have an idea for the duet." I said.

"Ooh, great. Still need Mister Teddar?" He smirked

"What are you for?" I smirked right back at him.

"Oh." He smiled and nodded. There was some silence until he broke it.

"You're so beautiful, Kim." He whispered, his eyes shining once again. I blushed as his warm hands held my cold ones. "Kim?" He called again. I looked at him. His eyes showed so much passion and love, I swear I could drown in those green pools.

"Yeah?"

"You have no idea how happy I am to be with you. You mean so much to me I -"

"KIM!" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any guesses who it is? ;)