Chapter 20: Midnight Kiss!

Only ten chapters left! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kendall’s POV

We walked through the park, hand-in-hand, along the moonlit path. Crickets chirping everywhere which was oddly soothing, and a firefly would appear, blinking and winking, every now and then. It’s yellow flashing light would earn a sigh or slight giggle from Kim that set up the perfect kind of air.

It all seemed too perfect.

“I was thinking.” Kim said after a while of silent walking. I didn’t answer, knowing she would continue. I didn’t want to open my mouth because it seemed like that if I did, I would either start crying, or butterflies would emerge out of it. “I- I wanna meet the others. Logan, James, Mackenzie. And what happened to Jher, though?”

“No one knows.” I muttered, barely moving lips, enjoying the time I had with her.

“Oh.” Was all she said.

“So, you want – like a reunion party or something?” I inquired. She shrugged uncertainly. “I’ll see what I can do. Depends on their schedules, though.” I told her, as she shivered once again just as a little pond came into view and we sat down, facing it.

I propped my elbows on my knees. Kim sat beside me and, reluctantly, put her head on my shoulder. I reached out and put one arm around her back. There was peaceful silence, and I never wanted it to end.

“It’s so beautiful." She whispered, looking at the full moon that hung high in the sky above us. I looked at its reflection in the water. “You’re more beautiful.” I whispered back to her. She giggled silently. “No, I’m not.”  I frowned and smiled at the same time as I looked down at her. She removed her head and stared back at me as I began to sing, smiling softly.

“I don’t know why you always get so insecure,
I wish you could see what I see, when you’re looking in the mirror,
And why won’t you believe me when I say, that to me you get more beautiful, everyday.

When you’re looking at the magazines
Thinking that you’re just not good enough,
You’re wrong, baby.

‘Cause you’re my Cover, Cover Girl
I think you’re the superstar, Yeah you are.
Why don’t you know?

Yeah you’re so pretty, that is hurts.
It’s what’s underneath the skin, the beauty that shines within
You’re the only one that rocks my world, My Cover Girl.”

When I finished, she was biting her lip, still smiling. Next moment, she was leaning closer, almost touching my lips. I leaned down, and pressed my lips to hers. She was mine.

She cupped my cheek with her hand and, deepening the kiss. The most magical thing I ever experienced.

“Midnight Kiss!” Someone shouted. We broke apart just as a flash went off and we shielded out eyes from the cameras. Paparazzi.

“Have we got something to hide?” I asked her.

“Do we?” I shrugged.

We have nothing to hide, or lose. I don’t care if the fans hate us. Kim’s mine. I love her, and if it comes to that, it’s us against the world.