Chapter 26: He's More Like A Brother To Me

Sorry for the weird title...it's just a filler chapter. Oops?

======================================================

"Kim!" My manager, Stan, called bursting through the door like the Hulk.
"There's a thing called 'knocking'." I said, planting my hands in my hips.
"Morning to you too." He said. I frowned and looked at him up and down: His spiky black hair looked messed up. His white dress shirt: un-tucked, and his faded jeans hung low at his ankles.

You might say he's not my manager, but Stan, at 38 is very cool and looks very young for his age. That dude, is nothing short of cool. "What's the rush?" I asked, sitting down and smiling to myself.

"What's with the duet with Kendall Schmidt? You said you were on break. We weren't gonna start again until December, and there's still a week to it!" He freaked.

"Is there something wrong with it?" I asked.
"No, but how? When? What? Why?" I laughed at his distress
"Calm down, bro. First thing you should know, is that Kendall and I are now together." Told him. He gave me a fatherly smile as I continued. "Second, when we were not dating, we were being followed by the paps because they thought we were and he made up a story of planning a duet to shove them off. Bu then we thought about it, and the idea seemed quite appealing, so ..." I trailed off.

He shook his head and stood up. "Whatever happened, I don't care." He said.  I pretended to look hurt. He let out a hearty laugh and continued. "Of course I care, I'm kidding. You're my little star, aren't you?" He winked. I rolled my eyes. "So, anyway." He proceeded. "You have a vocal session with him and Sarah Mills tomorrow, because Andrew is on vacation. What a time he chose, honestly. Tomorrow. 12 pm. Sharp." And he left without another word. Okay? Something's wrong with him? 

Oh shit! I forgot his wife was having a baby today!

I quickly ran outside and caught him in his car. "Stan. wait!" He looked up.
"Good luck." I said, breathlessly. "It'll be okay. Don't worry."

He smiled, waved, and left. Poor thing. Ha do leave Emma and her unborn child in the hospital because he had to tell me I had a vocal session with my boyfriend. Why didn't he just call or text me? Check your phone, genius? 

I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter and ..whoops!
3 missed calls and texts from him. Where have I been?

But I hope everything goes well. Because Stan is more like an older brother to me than anything. Hey wait- that makes me an aunt! Oh hell, no. Stan'd kids are a handful. Too right you are, but still. Yeah sure. Big brothers matter. 

Right then my phone began to sing. Yes, sing.
"I need you here tonight,
Show me there's more, to, life."  

Ken's voice sang out. Well looks like I'm gonna  be occupied all day.