Seven

Pairings: Connor Rhodes x Reader, Kyle O'Reilly x Reader

Featuring: Y/n, Connor Rhodes, Kyle O'Reilly, Carson [Nurse]

Summary: Kyle visits y/n, and Carson is Adam's fly on the wall.

Warnings: fluff, nerves, errors I missed, jealousy.

w/c: 953

A/N: Some chapters only have one scene and are shorter... This series is ending soon btw. FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

Kyle felt anxious as he walked into the hospital. Fidgeting with his fingers. He heard through the grapevine, well Adam, the woman he saved was awake. Kyle wanted to visit her, to see how she was.

He walked over to the nurse's station. He smiled nervously at the nurse. Who happened to be the nurse Adam flirted with.

She gave him a fake smile, which didn't ease his nerves.

"Let me guess, you are here to see the woman you saved," She spoke. Giving him a teasing smile.

"Yeah, I heard she was awake," Kyle spoke.

"You can go see her," The nurse spoke Kyle gave her a small smile, before turning around and walking to your room.

The sound of the door creaking made you snap your head away from the TV screen to look at the person who entered your room. You hoped it was Dr. Rhodes. But it turned out to be a stranger. You gave him an anxious look as you took in his features. He had brown eyes, a red beard, or maybe it was auburn and brown hair.

Kyle took notice of you looking at him cautiously.

"I'm Kyle, I saved you from the burning barn," He spoke gently.

"Oh, well, I would tell you my name, if I could remember it," You lied. You did know your name, you just didn't know who you could trust other than Doctor Rhodes, which he is yet to tell you his first name.

Kyle let out a chuckle. Grabbing the chair and bringing it to the side of your bed. He sat down. Grimacing at the discomfort. Making you arch an eyebrow.

"You look better than when I first saw you," Kyle spoke softly.

"Mmm, I don't feel it, my head is pounding, I look like I've been through hell," You whined. Pouting at him. Kyle smiled.

"But you are alive, that's the most important thing," Kyle spoke.

"I suppose, but my head is killing me," You whined.

"Do you want me to go get a nurse? Maybe they can give you something?" Kyle spoke in a worried tone.

"Nah, pretty sure she hates me, I'll be fine," You gasped out. Bringing your uninjured hand up to your forehead.

Kyle felt his heart hurt as he watched you wince in pain.

"Do you remember anything?" He asked. His tone was sweet and caring.

"Just running through bushes and trees, then seeing the barn," You reply. Eyes widening as you realized you might have revealed too much. Maybe it was how he asked you. Maybe it was those brown eyes staring intently into your soul.

Before Kyle or you could utter a single word the door to the room opened.

"Hey, y/n we've..." Connor started to say but stopped when he saw Kyle sitting next to your bed. Jealousy spiked inside of him. His jaw slightly clenching. The reaction didn't go unnoticed by you. Maybe Kyle but not you.

"Oh, I didn't know you had visitors," Connor spoke.

"I just heard she was up, and I wanted to check in on her," Kyle nervously replied. It was cute. Connor gave Kyle a forced smile.

Kyle seemed nervous.

"Um, I'll see you soon," Kyle spoke. Looking at you with a nervous smile, as he got up. You gave him a small smile in return. Watching him walk out of the room.

Your gaze returned to Connor. Giving him a pointed look.

"You seem jealous," You pointed out.

"I'm not, I'm just worried," Connor spoke defensively.

"Mmmhm..." You responded. Letting out a gasp of pain as your head throbbed.

Connor rushed over to you. Panic evident on his face.

"Are you okay?" Connor asked.

"Other than feeling pain in my head and body, yeah, I'm peachy," You grunted.

"Carson is supposed to be giving you pain meds, damn it," Connor grumbled at the nurse's failure.

You gave him a quizzical look. Who was Carson?

'Who's Carson?" You asked. Voice sounding harsher than it was meant to be.

"The nurse that comes and checks in on you," Connor responded.

"Oh," You mumbled.

"I was going to clear you, but..." Connor started to say but you cut him off.

"I'm fine, it's just pain," You cut Connor off.

"You have had a traumatic experience," Connor explained.

"I'm fine," You huffed out. You would cross your arms if you could. So instead, you just pouted like a toddler who didn't get their way.

Connor was about to speak but you cut him off.

"Please, clear me, I can't take the taste of hospital food anymore, I mean the ice cream is great, don't get me wrong, it's the only highlight, but I'm bored sitting here," You whined. Making your headache even worse.

"Ouch, and here I thought I was great company," Connor fake sighed.

"You are...It's just this hospital is driving me insane," You huffed out.

"You've only had hospital four times," Connor chuckled. While you just intensified your gaze. Pouting at him.

"Okay, fine, I'll run a few tests before I give you the all-clear," Connor spoke.

"Can't we skip the tests?" You begged. Giving him a puppy dog look.

"Tests or hospital food for another week," Connor spoke sternly. Making you let out a whine.

"Fine," You sighed.

"And you are staying with me when I discharge you," Connor spoke. Making your heart skip a beat.

Neither Connor nor you noticing Carson outside the door. She took her phone out of her pocket. Unlocking it. She quickly went into the messaging app. Clicking on the messages she had with Adam.

She's being discharged. Staying with Connor. Kyle visited her btw, maybe you can use him as a pawn to find more about her.