Sixteen

Warnings: heavy angst, blood, violence, trust issues, PTSD, flashbacks, drama, hospitals, police, cops, doctors, car accident, kidnapping, character death [no one is safe], errors I missed, heartbreak, fighting, guns.

w/c: 2787

Hailey exited the coffee shop. Holding the cardboard cup holder and a takeout bag. She had to beg Jay to take a break with her. Though he told the rest of the team to keep him informed. Hailey smiled politely at a woman as the woman passed her. Hailey heard a vehicle starting up, as well as tires screeching on the road. Hailey saw Jay drive off in a hurry without her. She quickly went over to a table. Putting the cardboard cup holder and bag on the table. She grabbed her walkie-talkie.

"Jay, what the hell?" She spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"I'm sorry, but I found news about y/n," Jay spoke. Cutting the walkie-talkie off.

Hailey was about to talk again when Kim's voice came through the walkie talkie

"Jay, Hailey, Austin got a call from a Florida police officer that y/n is in Florida,"

Hailey let out a relieved sigh, then felt a wave of anxiety wash over her at the thought of your ex finding you first. Possibly killing you.

"Can you pick me up, Jay must have found out first and left me here at a small coffee shop," Hailey spoke.

"Yeah, sure," Kim spoke, through the walkie-talkie...

• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You woke up with a gasp. Drenched in sweat. You looked around to realize you were alone. The house was quiet. He either left or was avoiding you or he was working. A frown formed on your lips. You slowly got up. Your temple throbbing as you did so.

You glanced at the alarm clock on the bed. Eyes widening as you realized it was 11:59 am. You quickly got up. Rushing to the bathroom stripping off your clothes. Turning the taps on to the bathtub.

You quickly did your morning routine, then got dressed. Rushing out of the door. You rushed to the café shop. Seeing Kyle sitting at a table. Looking slightly sad. He heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up to see you approaching him. His face lighting up with happiness.

"I am so sorry, I had a rough night, and I overslept," You spoke. Smiling at him.

"It's okay, are you okay?" Kyle asked as he got up. He was going to pull your chair out for you, but you already sat down. Kyle sat back down awkwardly. Ear burning red with embarrassment.

"Yeah," You responded.

"I have some news, Adam found out your name, it is Y/n Halstead, also, your ex-Austin Smith is coming," Kyle spoke. Kyle noticed your whole demeanor changed to a look of pure fear.

Your heart was beating faster. As flashbacks flashed of Austin hurting you. As well as beating you until you passed out. He probably thought you were dead, and now he found you, he was going to kill you.

"I have to go," You gasped out. Standing up abruptly. The chair clattered to the ground. Not that you cared. You rushed off leaving Kyle to look at you with a worried expression. You were not okay...

You ran as fast as your legs could take you. Passing people. Some of them looked at you like you were on drugs.

You felt a hand clamp around your mouth, then an arm wrap around your body. Pulling you closer to their body. You kicked wildly. Trying to free yourself. But they were stronger. They dragged you down the alleyway. You screamed for help. But their hand clamped down hard on your mouth. Muffling your cries for help. You saw Kyle in the distance, but he couldn't see you. Tears fell from your eyes, as they dragged you to the car. What if this person was Austin or someone he paid. Austin lived in Chicago. Surely, he wouldn't have come to Florida that quick.