Winning Together (Plateran)

This one was requested by @GalaxRavenSkies, and I've been planning on doing this one for a while.

I will also say that there's a little bit of Bro x Ninja here, too.

Also, this is a republish of this one-shot.

Location:  The Skeld
Crewmates:  Captain, TheGentleman, Mr. Cheese, Mr. Egg, Mother, Dum, Bro, Ninja
Impostors: Player and Veteran

Player's POV

"Then after that, we'll need just one kill to win!" Veteran cries in excitement.

"And I'll be so glad that I finally won with you!" I cry, only realizing what I'd just said after I said it.

"Wait, why specifically me?" he asks, and I can't even read his facial expressions.

Let me explain to you how I got in this situation.

Earlier that day...

I join the lobby, finally excited to play Among Us.  I mean, ever since I actually started winning sometimes, it's become fun again, and I don't get made fun of for losing as much.  However, I've still yet to win with Veteran, which is important to me for...reasons.  Those are reasons that I'd rather not explain right now.

You know what?  Never mind, you got me.  Fine, the real reason why I'm so obsessed with winning with him is because I like him, and not just as a friend.  However, I'm not sure he likes me back.  I mean, I'm just so awkward, and I'm not even sure he would like that!

"Welcome, Player!" Captain exclaims.  "I'm excited to see you here!"

"Yeah, you too," I reply, only half paying attention.  I mean, how can I pay attention when I have my mind on Veteran?  Speaking of Veteran, I wonder if he'll be in the lobby today...

Veteran's POV
Oh Player, Player, Player...why is he so damn cute?

I mean, look at him! He's got the most adorable face and the nicest looking brown eyes I've seen on any person. Not to mention...he's thicc, like, really thicc. That's not the only reason why I fell for him, though.

I also love how awkward he is, and it's so cute when he's himself. His mannerisms always make me blush so hard, but I try so hard to conceal it.  I don't know how well I do at that, though. It's just so hard when someone has to be so cute!

When I join the lobby, I see Player, and then I turn away to blush.  God, why am I like this?  Why am I such a simp for him?  I swear to God...

"Veteran..." Captain greets me.

So for context, Captain and I don't quite have the best relationship. The whole Player thing definitely has something to do with it.

"WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!  God..."

"You don't have to be so rude...that hurts my feelings."

"Good."

"VETERAN DON'T GET YOURSELF BANNED I SWEAR TO GOD-"

"Oh, hey, Player."

"THIS IS THE EIGTH TIME THIS WEEK YOU'VE GOTTEN CLOSE TO GETTING BANNED-"

"I know, I know."

"Let's just start before you take it too far," Player comments.  "I swear I've had to do this so many times."

Aww, he cares about me!  Well, of course he does, because we're friends, right?

I watch the countdown go down, and I wait for my role.

IMPOSTOR

Oooh, and the other impostor is Player.  Nice!