One-Shot Where Happy and Rookie Interact

Woohoo!  I'm writing another one of these babies!  And it's HapRook, so I'm excited.  I hope we can see interactions between them in the future.  Though it probably won't be in GTG, since I think they have the same VA?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Location: The Skeld
Characters mentioned: Happy, Rookie, Player, Veteran, Captain, TheGentleman, Mr. Cheese, Dum, Stoner, Lovely, Angel, Engineer, Mr. Egg, Tek
Number of impostors: 2
Special roles (engineer, guardian angel, shapeshifter, etc.) included.

Synopsis: Happy gets lonely when Mr. Cheese leaves him alone in the game. Rookie notices this and decides to take Happy under his wing.  But what happens when an impostor threatens Happy into silence about their status as an impostor?

Also, in this specific one-shot, Rookie will be wearing his original Woolie hat because I prefer it over his other getup.

By the way, Happy will speak in both first and third person, like I think he does in the canonical series.

Another thing is that this'll probably get really angsty.

⚠️Last thing: TW/CW for implied ab//se between Happy and Mr. Cheese, the former being on the receiving end.⚠️. Do I think that their relationship is abusive in canon, per se? No, it just is here.  Sorry for making Mr. Cheese an asshole!

Happy's POV

I can't wait for this next game of Among Us! I'm sure it'll be a good one today, especially if I'll be alongside my best pal, Mr. Cheese. It's nice of him to have taken me under his wing in that Slither.io game. Now we're really close, and he lets me play Among Us with his friends! They're really nice, but I don't think I've met everyone who's played in the lobby yet.

When I enter, I can see a few unfamiliar faces.  The first is a banana crewmate with a halo.  The second is rose with a floating heart above her head.  The last is a blue crewmate wearing a Woolie hat.  Curiously, I want to know who these people are, but I don't want to be rude by just intruding upon their conversations.

I find myself looking for Mr. Cheese.  Soon enough, I can find him in the corner talking to TheGentleman.

I tap his shoulder a bit to get his attention.

"Happy, can this wait?  I'm kind of in the middle of something here."

"Oh...sorry, boss.  I'll leave you alone."

Well fuck, now I'm alone.  What to do, what to do...

"Hello there!  Are you ok?"

I look up from the ground to see the banana crewmate looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm ok.  Who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

"My name is Angel.  And you are?"

"Happy.  If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me who those two crewmates are?  The blue and the rose ones, I mean."

"Of course!  The rose crewmate's name is Lovely.  She's relatively new here, but she's great!"

"I'm sure she is."

"She is!  We just started dating a few weeks ago.  She's such a cute little gem!"

"That's great and all, but can you tell me who the blue one is?"

"Oh, right!  That's Rookie.  He's really nice; I dated him for a few months."

"What happened between you two?"

"I discovered that I'm a lesbian. We're still great friends, though!"

"Oh. He's lowkey kinda cute...shit, did I say that out loud?!"