Chapter Nineteen: Mangled Dustberry

Today we visit the mangledverse by RoseyRebel who mentioned they'd like for  the Traveller to visit but thought it was unlikely, so instead I went sure and we started co-writing this lovely piece over discord. I had fun writing with Rosey, and showing the Travellers mature and childlike sides and Rosey could start the next part of mangled story. So sit back and enjoy our joint work, as both Rosey and I enjoyed it.

The Traveller almost felt his non existent stomach protest as he entered this multiverse, as he searched the codes to see if this was a safeverse to explore.

"Mangled?" Traveller said frowning as he read the main codes.

(That doesn't sound so good) Palette whispered.

((No... something went horribly wrong here)) Goth responded.

(Think we could help with the issue) Palette asked curious.

((It depends I think Pally, the codes get weird and that usually means one thing...)) Goth said trailing off.

(Determination in monsters) Palette replied unhappily. The Traveller sighed, knowing that this would not be there final stop or home.

With that they spread phantasm wings, and began to fly towards whatever mangled was.

OoOoO

Traveler found themselves in this multiverse's original Underswap. They were outside Underswap Alphys' lab, seemingly abandoned. It was giving them horror movie vibes. They felt their nonexistent stomach twist.

They had heard of the Sixbones timeline and had yet to see one... They hoped they wouldn't see one in Underswap.

They proceeded into the lab.

They noticed negative emotions coming from the lab, the specific feelings becoming clearer as they looked through dark hallways and rooms.

The most prevalent one being... Pain.

They couldn't quite pinpoint where the being was in the lab though.

They had paused.

Until, suddenly, they felt themselves being guided to a certain place in the lab.

The multiverse sensed Traveller's intentions, and was willing to let them help.

It was also... Curious.

Traveller started hearing something.

As they got closer, they soon found out what it was.

Wailing. They heard wailing.

And then a... Second voice?

"ShHh~ I- It's OkAy."

"NoOoO" More wailing.

Wait... It seemed more like one voice?

The voices were switching between almost combining and being kind of separate.

The wailing suddenly turned to manic laughter that slowly turned back to wailing.

Suddenly it was quiet once more.

Traveller heard shuffling.

They continued getting closer.

They stopped in a room that reminded them of kind of a hospital.

Suddenly they found themselves dodging a bone attack.

They heard growling.

"D-DoN't WoRrY DuSty! I wOn'T lEt AnYoNe TaKe YoU~ NeVer AgAiN..."