Chapter Thirty-Seven: Lets never ever talk about this EVER!

Not a chappy for everyone, and Traveller finds himself in a  very uncomfortable time and the urge to murder a friend.

"You... want me to what?" Traveller said looking away from the map he had been studying.

"Just.. an itty bitty favour," Retconned said sheepishly.

"The last time you asked that, I ended up raising Error, Geno and Fresh when there mother died," Traveller pointed out.

"Its not that bad an issue...maybe," Retconned said with a cough.

Travellers gaze was hard.

"Come on, I'll show you," Retconned said grabbing his hand, and dragging him to another multiverse.

"Well?" he asked pushing his shades down to show his very unimpressed eyes.

"There," Retconned said pointing.

"Its a passed out Sans," he dryly responded.

"That's the local Nightmare, I need you to be him," Retconned told him.

"Woah woah.. slow down, what do you mean be him?" Traveller said backing up "I'm not that good with shape shifting..."

"I want you to consume him and take him place."

"What the Funk..." Traveller said.

"UNRAD!" a passing Fresh cried before poofing.

"You have two seconds before I figure out a way to kill you and rip your essence from existence," Traveller said angrily eye lights going red.

"Time out time out, wrong word!" Retconned shrieked.

"Explain!" he ground out between clenched teeth.

"That Nightmare was cursed, there is no cure. He can't die, he can't live and there is a fake going around pretending to be a corrupted him. The only way to save him is to have someone briefly merge with him, to break the curse... and your the only one I know that has the skills to do so," Retconned said wringing his hands.

"You realize my being and essence may overwrite his existence if I do this Retconned, why is this so important," Traveller asked.

"I know, but... he was very kind to the local Goth. Raised them when the local Geno and Reaper abandoned them, Goth... died trying to save Nightmare... Reaper actually killed Goth and dragged Nightmare here," he said tearfully.

"I.. can't promise anything Retconned, if I can't do anything else I can..." he trailed off "I can send him on."

"Thank you," Retconned said vanishing.

Traveller walked over to the downed Nightmare, he really didn't like this..

He had things to look forward to now a days, what if Karma needed him during this time or Oneiro funked up even though he spoke to him on that quick visit.

"Ouch.. that is nasty," he said sitting down next to Nightmare, it was a nasty curse he'd wish on no one and was definitely done by the local Reaper.

One of those corrupted Reaper timelines, which explained why Geno jumped ship also.

"Look like one death god cursed you, and another will try to save you," He sighed, as this ability came from his Goth side. Death sometimes had to posses people to catch wary souls that escaped, it didn't kill the host but could find themselves becoming one with Death.

Lets.. hope that didn't happen.

Then he vanished.

Nightmare woke with a gasp, eye lights rainbow briefly before settling.