Chapter Forty-One: to Heal

An original verse I created, so no actual series linked to it

Something was wrong.

A nagging strange feeling, like fingers clutching at his soul.

"Hey, you okay?"

Traveller blinked and smiled, he didn't want to worry Lust over probably worries over nothing.

It wasn't nothing.

"I'm fine Lust, sorry I got side tracked," Traveller apologized.

"Its fine, your doing me a big favor," Lust said face tired and grey from pain.

"I'm sorry It came to this," Traveller said, gently taking one of Lusts arms and started to help heal it from its near dusting state.

"I'm sorry to, I.. thought he was my friend," Lust said, he would have cried but he had no strength left to cry.

"Its not your fault you know, none of it was. It was all there choices," Traveller told him softly, he checked over Lusts hands making sure all mobility had returned to it.

"Oh, that feels nice. No pain," Lust replied in relief.

"That's what it suppose to feel like."

"Its been a very long time since I haven't felt pain," Lust admitted "Months and months wondering if I'd scrape by another day in this hospital"

"What are you going to do when you get out of here?" Traveller asked curious, moving to Lusts other arm which was sadly much worse.

"Getting a nice cream, I deserve a treat after not being able to feed myself," Lust giggled "Oh... that felt weird, almost a chill"

"Sorry, this arms is more badly hurt," Traveller apologized, he was glad he hadn't arrived any later as Lust had been close to loosing his hand.

"Cold or not, this feels wonderful," Lust purred, shaking his arms gleefully once Traveller allowed him to.

"If my little brother was here, he'd start looking for ways to pet you for that purr," he giggled "He rather likes cats"

Lusts cats, yes actual cat ears flicked in interest at the mention of a sibling his tail under the sheets.

"Oh, you have a brother?" Lust asked.

Happily pulling out his phone Traveller flipped through his pictures, till he found one of both Karma and himself in cat pajamas "This is Karma on his last visit"

"Oh, he looks adorable. Is he with your father right now?" Lust said cooing at the adorableness.

"Oneiro would die if I called his dad or father," Traveller chuckled "He's my adopted baby brother and Oneiro his adopted parent"

"That's to bad, do your parents like Karma?" Lust asked curious "Your both adorable kittens"

"Yeah, they love him," he lied, his parents were long gone.

"They must be so proud of you kitten for being such a good big brother," Lust cooed.

That strange worry returned, Karma hadn't texted or visited there home in weeks.

He needed to stop worrying, Oneiro was a good parent.. even if he'd had to give him a few lectures on childcare.

But still, Oneiro as his parent?

He'd have to tell Karma, how they'd tell Oneiro would have hilarious reactions.

"That's your legs, ready for your spine?" Traveller said after awhile.

"Are you sure you don't need a rest Traveller, healing in magic intense. If you need to rest, gaining the ability to walk can wait a few days?" Lust asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, I know your raring to claw Inks face off," Traveller sniggered.

"Then I'm ready for my spine."

------

"Lust nyha"

"Blue!"

Traveller tried not to sniffle as Lust and Blue greeted one another, Lust walking to him to do so.

"Promise me you won't go near Sci again love," Blue begged nuzzling Lust.

"I promise, still clawing Inkys face in for letting him study red paint," Lust sobbed holding the other skeleton cat hybrid closer.

Traveller slipped away leaving the mates to rebond, after months of not being able to touch due to Lust being in pain.

He checked his phone frowning, still not even one text or picture sent from Karma.

He felt.. unsettled.