Chapter Thirteen: Return of Dragons

All hail  FireladyofInk as we revisit 'Andlátkyn; Vandr Sanses unin Alagaësi'and even better she helped me co-write the chapter, Make sure to read her story, its very good.

Sometimes the Traveller liked to visit worlds he had gone to in the past, to see what had happened since he left.

Sometimes he came across such sad endings since he left, or a brighter story.

And sometimes he could slip in moments after he left if he was careful.

This multiverse was one such, a world where one multiverse fell unto another.

Where the remaining few found themselves lost in a world that found them strange.

He had returned to this place many time, as a story unfolded.. one of the ages.

The latest developments were amazing, a dragon rider Blue...

And..

He sighed seeing the reconciliation of Dream and Nightmare, and there tree selves.

Would there Dream and Nightmare one day become like that.

Part of the Traveller was Palette, a descendant of the tree of feelings, yet because they were frozen as a child they would never find out.

Tonight he was a wooded grove, sheltered from view. A campfire merrily blazed in front of him, with stars bright in the sky.

Gently he began to sing.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby, I
Oh, somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
Clouds high over the rainbow, makes all your dreams come true, ooh

Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me, oh

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Oh why, oh why can't I? I
I see trees of green and red roses too
I'll watch then bloom just for me and you
And I think to myself
Oh, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue, clouds of white
The brightness of day, the dark, say goodnight
And I think to myself
Oh, what a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow so...

"Its a beautiful sad world, why do I keep coming back here. Maybe I should leave and not come back, it makes me wish even more to find home," The traveller whispered.

At that moment a branch broke, The Traveller froze.
"Who's there?" he called.

"We've been noticing you for a while." A voice spoke from the shadows.

"Ah... I'm sorry, I did not wish to interfere," The traveller said making a small face, he had forgotten the magic here was different enough people might detect him.

"How can you say you've interfered when all you've done is lurk in the shadows?" A kinder voice spoke.

"I do not belong here, this world. Not even the multiverse you came from. I am but a Traveller seeking home, I try not to interfere unless there is no other choice," Traveller whispered softly, they flicked a floating ember and its shape changed to flowers briefly before they faded.

Two figures stepped out of the darkness, plantlike appendages glowing in the firelight.

"And who interferes with you?" The lighter one asked softly, green and yellow eyelights swirling.