Chapter Two

By evening, Matt is sat on his bed whilst playing his Nintendo DS attempting to get to the next level as Mello is sat at his desk with a stack of books he's studying in order to become L's successor.

"Damnit!" Shouts Matt as he fails to complete the next level.

"Ugh, how am I supposed to concentrate with you constantly yelling at that plastic screen?!" Mello shouts back as he throws one of his thick books back at Matt without looking.

Matt looks up startled as the book hits the wall next to him inches away from his cheeks, "Was that really necessary?"

"Yes," Mello replies, "it was completely necessary, next time I'll ensure that it does hit you!"

"So you purposely missed?" Matt asks innocently.

"Well what do you think smart ass?" He replies sarcastically.

Matt sighs as he switches his DS off and lies back on his bed staring at the plain ceiling above him. What is this feeling? Why must I feel so much affection for this spoiled brat? I can't love him, no. Matt lightly shakes his head as he turns over to face the wall.

Mello stands up from his seat and walks over to Matt's bed. He looks at Matt whom has his eyes shut, he thinks to himself for a moment before taking his book back.The emotions and adrenaline I experience when I set my eyes on you is unendurable, I don't want to love you but I do, I do love you and I hate it. I hate this feeling. 

Mello then picks up his book and walks back towards his desk to set it down. Unsure what to do, Mello lies on top of his bed, his mind filled with contemplations. Minutes later he begins to fall asleep.