Chapter Nine

Mello hastily grabs Near by his white pajama shirt into the room he shares with Matt.

"What did you see?!" Mello yells at Near whom stand against the door expressionless.

He stands staring at the plastic figure he's fiddling with. "Enough." he replies.

"You little bastard!" Mello clenches his fists, ready to strike Near but Matt prevents him from doing so.

"Calm down, you don't know want to do anything you'll regret." Matt says calmly.

"Regret?" Mello laughs hysterically, "Oh the adrenaline I will get out of knocking the shi-"

"Near, what did you see?" Matt cuts Mello off.

Near looks up to Mello then to Matt, his charcoal-grey eyes observing them. "I would like to leave, if you'll excuse me." Near turns to face towards the door, his hand rested on the handle but before he can open it, Mello releases himself from Matt's clutch and slams the door shut with his foot. His hand now now set against it.

Matt throws himself into sitting position onto his bed, "Come on, Near."

Near removes his hand from the door handle and turns to face Matt with Mello standing in-front of him, diminishing him in height. He looks up into Mello's eyes, sensing the fury then looks back over to Matt whom peacefully waits for Near to respond.

"Well, I unfortunately witnessed you sitting on top of Mello. You were both osculating each other as your hand was placed around Mello's neck." Near says to Matt.

Near innocently looks back up to Mello who stares back at him, aghast as to what he's just heard. Mello removes his hand from the door as he unlocks eye contact with Near and waves him off.

Just before Near closes the door he catches Mello saying, "I don't want you mentioning this to anyone." and then he shuts the door.

"Are you alright?" Matt asks uneasily.

Mello looks over to Matt and walks towards his bed. As Matt notices him approaching, he shuffles up towards the wall where he slumps his back against it. "You know you've been asking me that a lot lately." Mello sits next to Matt, his head wresting on his knees.

Matt runs his fingers through Mello's blonde hair, feeling his smooth hair brush through his slender fingers. Mello closes his eyes, relishing the moment. "That's because you're unpredictable." Matt replies breezily.