Epilogue

As I've reached 1k views, I've decided to make an epilogue following up to the ending of Matt's death. I've made a few minor updates to this chapter. But anyway, thank you so much for reading. I love you all xx.

The round moon peers through the tattered curtains, illuminating Mello's room. He sits on a decrepit leather couch, tears coursing down his cheeks after an unexpected phone call from Quillish Wammy.

"That stupid bastard!" Mello yells aloud, purposely striking at the stereo with his foot which was positioned on the bottom shelf of a TV stand. He couldn't even last a month, fucking weak! Anger surged through his body as he thinks back to the brief description of Matt's suspected suicide.

That day he left the institution, he knew what exactly he was doing and whom exactly he was leaving. He didn't walk without difficulty, every muscle in his body was impelling him to go back only for Matt. But he was aware of the consequences of their love. And if he didn't leave when he did, he knew that the affection he felt for him would only grow causing their bond to be reckless as they'd be so infatuated with each other.

However, never was he aware of the massive effect it clearly had on Matt causing him to commit such an act. In fact, Mello would have rather of had a reckless relationship with Matt than him now suffering from this forlorn feeling with Matt no longer existing in this forbidding universe. All he could do now is continue longing for him, but this time with tears in his eyes and guilt pursuing him.

Mello leaves his condo, placing himself on a polished red motorcycle. He rapidly drives down the active highway, headlights from the other motors almost blinding him through his helmet due to the illumination in the dark night. Mello himself was unsure as to where he was heading, originally he was planning to go back to Wammy's House to have his final glance at their dorm room before Matt had ended his life. And to also collect some of his belongings or they'd just go in the trash, perhaps to even have a discussion with Quillish himself. Do I even want to go back there? I don't know if I'd be able to tackle the lingering smell of his cigarettes, the lingering smell of him...

Once again, tears begin to gather in his cerulean eyes and soon everything becomes obscure; the headlights, the passing vehicles, nothing is evident. And right then he becomes oblivious to the motor entering the highway from another lane and both vehicles collide causing a massive disruption on the road as Mello pitch's forward from his motorcycle. He lies numbly on the road, blood pouring out his helmet. His surroundings are an uproar as vehicles hastily stop all around him, their headlights centered on Mello. He can hear the distant, impatient yells and horns of drivers in the background. Mello can make out the muffles of a middle-aged man trying to communicate with him as he removes his helmet, his face cloaked in his own blood.

"Don't worry young man, the ambulance is on it's way. What's your name? you may call me Mr . Yagami." His tone is gentle, probably knowing this could possibly be Mello's final minutes. However, Mello doesn't focus on what the stranger is saying to him. Blood splutters from his mouth whilst tears cascade down his cheeks as he attempts to say, "At least I'll be with M-Matt..." His eyes gradually close, his face ashen as the blood flow declines in his body causing his skin to become cold when touched.

His last thought was of Matt and the amorous touch of his succulent lips against his, that mild evening on the grassy hill. His warmth melted Mello from the inside, thawing the interior of Mello's body. He tasted like heaven.