Chapter Thirteen

It's been two weeks since Mello left, and for the past two weeks everything has been going by so drearily. I didn't have to move dorms as Mello left, and I let him leave which is my biggest regret. I sleep in his bed every-night, clinging to the duvet covers with his scent on it. It's the closest thing I have left of him, and I cry every-time. I have returning nightmares of him, they're so vague and short-lived however. He's been growing inside of me for a while now, and I've been unaware of it. Sometimes I talk to Near, he's been chosen to be L's successor now. However, he can't really comfort me as he blames himself for Mello leaving. But realistically, it's my fault; I was weak, and as I watched him close the door I still didn't think he was actually going.

Now I'm left alone, sitting on the ledge of the windowsill in this monotonous room where memories of him have been buried. I take out a cigarette from my fur-trimmed vest, igniting it with a lighter. I place the cigarette between my lips, inhaling the smoke. Then as I exhale, I watch the billow of smoke escalate towards my face.

As I open the large window I carefully slide out it, sitting on the edge of the roof with my feet dangling above the vacant ground, the cigarette still fixed in between my index and middle finger of my right hand. Dusk draws near as the various-shaped, bulbous white clouds cover the tinted pink sky. I take one last drag of the cigarette before wittingly dropping it in midair, watching it land. 

I stand up, trying to steady myself in the cool breeze. As I look below me, I see Mello standing on the freshly-cut grass, his long hair blowing wildly in the wind. He looks up with a smirk drawing across his charmingly aloof face, motioning me to come down. I take a step from the roof, closing my eyes and inspiring the crisp air. "You're the flowers in my veins, the smoke in my lungs and the prime thought in my brain." Then, I descend into the sky, smiling. He was just a vision.

So this is the last chapter, it's been great writing this story. Sorry for having ending it like this. Thanks to everyone who have read and voted, I love you all!