Chapter III

Leaving?

Shahana was leading Prachi to her room. A million questions on the tip of her tongue, that she was somehow holding back till they reach the solitude of their room. Prachi was just walking in a trance remembering the hurt brown eyes, that were broken but still cared for her. It showed in the look he gave her, that how much she still mattered to him, even though she was the sole reason for his grief. 

They reached the room and as soon Prachi sat on her bed Shahana started boomeranging  her with questions.

"What is wrong with you Prachi? you haven't eaten since the day before yesterday. You said you were doing all this for Maasi. How do you think your sacrifice is going to help massi if you won't be there? You think her being with Mr. Mehra will help is she lost her another daughter ? Have you utterly lost it? What the bloody hell were you even thinking?" Shahana asked in complete bewilderment. Her usual chirpy nature thrown out of the window. How can she keep her cool as she witness her sister putting fire to her own life.

Prachi, not having enough energy, replied in a simple monotone, "That's the thing, that I just can't stop thinking. I just can't help but think how screwed my life has become. I've hurt the only person that I've come to love. I stole the light from his life when he was the one to make my world bright. Every time I want to do something, anything it reminds me of him. And how I burned his life to ashes. 

Because of me Maya charged fake molestation case on Ranbir. And even now he Because of me Rhea lost her love for Ranbir. Because of me every function ever happened in the MK mansion turned gloomy as every time something bad happened to me. Maa was missing Papa these last twenty years because she had me with her. Now that I am being distant to them, have you seen how much Maa Papa and Rhea resembles a happy family. Rhea was right from the beginning, I am the sole reason for everyone's sadness. 

I'm not doing any good to anyone here. I'm nothing but a burden who do nothing good but instead bring darkness to those whose life I touch. Every single life that I touch get filled with grimness. I have decided Shahana. I'm gonna leave." she said , her voice breaking in the middle, but resolve clear in the last.

"WHAT!!! What the hell do you mean by you are going to leave?" Asked Shahana baffled.

"I mean that after my Birthday I'll go to Hoshiarpur. I was already going to leave to Mumbai for job after Rhea and Ranbir's marriage. Why to endure more hurt myself and inflict pain to others when I can just get rid of the heartache sooner. I've already cleared two set of online interviews and the last personal interview was scheduled after the marriage in the company itself. But now I'll spend the time till the interview in Hoshiarpur, I'll even spend some time with Beeji." said Prachi.

"You have got to be kidding me. You can not just leave, Have you ever thought what will happen to your parents if you left?" Shahana tried to make her see sense. But her attempts were too weak, as Prachi continued "I'm not joking. I can NOT live here. I feel suffocated here. I feel like my soul is torn into shreds. I feel like I'm gonna ruin everything, every happiness this family has. I'm breaking apart Shahana, and I know that you can see it. I can not risk everyone else to see it too. Before I kill their marriage spirit I'll leave. I was going to leave, so why not now." a few tears left her eyes.

Shahana knew that her pleas will fall on deaf ears, so she said something that Prachi was least expecting, " Okay then, You can go. You can leave and go where the hell ever you want, but I am coming with you." Prachi, tried to refuse her but she cut her off by saying, "I AM COMING WITH YOU. I'm not going to let you go that easily. " she stated firmly, but then seeing her tears she hugged her, and added softly, "None of it is your fault Prachi. Not even a single thing is your fault, so don't blame yourself." A few of her own tears flowing down her cheeks.