Chapter VI

STILL JEALOUS?

The hall of the Mehra farmhouse was decorated in full glory, that only an expert could have attained, in mere hours. The boys had done their best to change the hall from the soft birthday vibe in the morning, to party theme in the evening, after everyone had left to get ready. Though the party was a small one just consisting the family members, the decoration was still extravagant. The elder Kohli's and Khanna's were the first ones to gather in the hall. All clad in different shades of red. While the three ladies were wearing crimson red sarries, Vikram was wearing a berry red suit whereas Purab was clad in a wine red shirt with black pants. 

"Wow look at that. The boys has really outdone themselves this time." Pallavi praised looking at the decorations, happy at her son's hard work.

The hall was adorned with white drapes hanging loose from the length of the celling. Bouquets of orchids, put on the stands, were enhancing the beauty with natural soft fragrance. Even fairy lights were added to give a soft, innocent touch as per trying to match the personality of one of the birthday girls. The elder one ofcourse, or if he had intended to match the younger's, he surely would have chosen Sahara desert as the theme, as only it compliment her dry and harsh nature.

"Yeah they really have." Daljeet agreed to her daughter in law's compliment, marveling at her grandson's efforts.

"Where are everyone else?" Purab asked looking around, as if others would be hiding behind the decorations, ready to scare anyone who passes by.  

"Missed me?" Abhi said coming from the direction of his room, wearing a Ruby red suit, fidgeting with his breast pocket.

"Didn't expected this from Pragya ji." Vikram said with a dejected look, looking down and shaking his head in disapproval.

"Didn't expected what?" Abhi asked, confused, looking around to find something off.

"For her to take so much time in getting ready. Why is she taking longer than you? You must have done something. Where is she?" He asked, narrowing his eyes on his friend.

"Here, look, I've hid her in my pocket." Abhi said, in a light tone, moving forward to show him something in his blazer's front pocket, that he had been fidgeting with.

"We are already here." Pragya replied from behind. Everyone turned around to see her coming from the main door along with Sarita. She was clad in a glittering ruby saree. "I've just gone out to bring Saritaji." She said and took her place besides Abhi. 

"Vikram, stop blaming my brother for things he didn't even do. You should go and check the arrangements once." Pallavi chastised. 

"No need, I've already made sure that everything is perfect." Pragys said while fixing the hankerchief, that Abhi had handed her, in his front pocket.

"See, learn something from my sister. She checked everything, got ready and even brought Saritaji while you just did makeup. Well it's not your fault, after all she is naturally beautiful." Vikram praised Pragya, but winced as two tight slaps were aimed at both his arms. The attackers being his mother and dear wife. 

"What do you mean to say? I am not beautiful?" Pallavi scolded.

"Thank your stars that you got a diamond as a wife." Dida said while putting a hand on Pallavi's shoulder. She then pulled Pragya gently by hand and continued, " I got two beautiful daughters, otherwise the son department was just a disappointment." while looking at Vikram and Abhi, who was just looking at her in disbelief.

"Welcome to the dejected son club, I've been putting up with it for years, you were just having a premium account until Pragya ji came. Now, your Premium membership got expired. Don't worry you'll get used to it in a few weeks." Vikram said patting Abhi's shoulder.