Chapter XXXII

PLEASE

Prachi slowly opened the door of her room, making sure not to ruin her Mehandi. She followed in towards the washroom, washing her hands and drying them off. If it was any other occasion she would have been impatient to adore her Mehandi-filled hands and stare at her palms.

But today, the beautiful red color was not capturing her attention at all. She closed the bathroom door, glanced at her reflection once, and walked over to the door.

She was about to turn the knob, but in the next second, she was spun into the wall next to the Closet. She squeezed her eyes shut in fear, screaming her lungs out.

When no sound left past her lips, she dared to open her eyes, slowly. But they went wide when a familiar scent hit her. She gulped, trying to catch her breath even though a hand was firmly pressed against her lips.

So this was the reason I couldn't scream. She observed.

Instead of struggling out of the grasp of her captor, she did the exact opposite and relaxed into his touch.

In terms of being careful not to ruin the mehndi, Prachi had not locked her door, and Ranbir, after giving a hint to Aryan, had snuck out of the function and into his ladylove's room. He had softly closed the door behind himself and waited patiently in the room for Prachi to come out of the washroom.

Prachi looked at the side of his face, as he attentively looked to the right for god knows what. His sharp jaw clenched, not to make any sound. One hand was firmly against Prachi's lips and the other was placed behind her head to make sure that it didn't hit the wall due to the force.

Her hand, without her knowledge, slowly reached up to hold his, which was covering her mouth. Just as she grabbed onto his, she saw, his face relaxed. And slowly, as if not believing, he turned to face her.

And, Oh, those molten chocolate orbs, they held just as much adoration and care and compassion and love for her as they ever had. If not more.

He slowly lifted his hand from her face, cupping it, to look at her properly. It felt like centuries had passed since he last saw her this closely. Her eyes, he observed, were slightly swollen. But everything else was almost the same. That forehead that always seemed to have a frown whenever he troubled her was clear, signifying that today she was quite calm. Or maybe still in shock.

Prachi on the other hand was neither calm nor in shock. Rather, she was lost. Lost in the feeling of love that her heart was craving for. Lost in the completeness that she yearned for. Lost, at the moment that was so desired.

She just looked on and on and on. Quenching the thirst that her eyes were dying for. This was so familiar, yet so different. The butterflies that used to waltz around in her stomach weren't there anymore. Instead, there was a warm, comprehensive feeling. Her heart, which used to go haywire on his touch, was not beating erratically like it used to, but it was humming softly, feeling content.

She felt at ease.

Ranbir, slowly withdrew his other hand from behind her head, tracing it slowly over her arm, gently, observing every fleck of feeling that crossed her ebony eyes. Seeing if there was any resistance or uneasiness, but coming across none, he took a step ahead, slipping his hand on her waist.

Prachi's eyes dropped on their own accord and she took in a deep breath, his cologne filing in her lungs and washing over her senses. He slowly reached where he desired to and gently rubbed the dried mehndi off. Leaning sideways to spare a quick glance at her waist and smiling merrily at the dark brown color smudged over her skin. Still darkening, signifying the love that was increasing with each passing second.