Chapter XIII

NO KEY

Everything was in chaos at the Mehra Farm house, late in the morning. Instructions were thrown from all directions for the seven 'youngsters' that were staying behind while the elders were going on a two day trip to the Kuldevta's Mandir. Mostly it was Shahana and Piyush as they were the only one present there.

Ranbir, Aryan and Rhea were still asleep because of the conversation that ended late in the night, and Prachi and Aarav were missing. Full family was so engrossed in the 'family time' that no one had paid attention when the clock stroke twelve. It was only by two in the morning that everyone had retired to bed as some were starting to get really drowsy.

"Don't annoy anyone okay?" Pragya warned Piyush, pointing a finger at him and faking a glare.

"I... I.. Annoy?" Piyush replied in mock hurt.

"You and Shahana, when left unsupervised, do nothing but drive others up the wall, especially Prachi and Aarav." Pragya brushed off his act. Causing Piyush to cross his arms in front of his chest and Shahana gasped in shock.

"What do I do massi? Do you really think we have a death wish to annoy Prachi?" Shahana said, looking around to make sure the girl wasn't around. But instead spotted Aryan and Ranbir coming down while one was rubbing his eyes and the other was trying to stifle a yawn.

"Where is Prachi by the way?" Abhi said looking around.

"We are here," Prachi's voice came from the main door and the owner followed suit, sweat dripping from her face and her tracksuit sticking to her body from some places. Her hair were tied up in a ponytail, few strands, that had escaped the hair tie, sticking to her face. Her shoulders heaving up and down, trying to catch her breadth.

"Where did you went this time in the morning? And who's we?" Abhi asked, as Shahana passed her a towel. 

"We, includes me." Aarav replied, coming behind Prachi. He was wearing a black tee shirt paired with matching bottoms. Hair wind swept. He too, like Prachi, drenched in sweat. His tee shirt sticking to his torso like a second skin. And anyone with working eyes can see his well maintained body through the outline of the tee shirt. 

"We went for a walk , it's so nice, the surrounding, so we thought to take some advantage and go" Prachi replied, finally getting a hold of her breathing.

"Didn't look like just a walk." Piyush commented, raising an eyebrow at their strange appearances.

"We... we raced our way back." Prachi said with a sheepish smile.

"Who won? Prachi, you reached first, did you win?" Vikram asked, much to Pallavi's vexation.

Prachi nodded her head enthusiastically and smirked at Aarav, "No one can win from me." She said before moving towards kitchen to get some water, a jump of victory in her steps.

"Did she?" Shahana asked Aarav as soon as Prachi was out of earshot and Aarav replied with a soft "I let her."

Ranbir couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips at her Oh so familiar 'victory' proudness from all the times he had let her win the races and everyone looked at him. He quickly covered his laugh with a fake cough.

"I guess the 'No one' in her comment was you" Aryan whispered while pretending to pat his back in attempt of pacifying him.

Ranbir just smiled at him and confirmed his guess.