Chapter XVI

WATER

The entire Mehra-Kohli clan was having tea in the backyard. They had returned the same morning and were filling in the youngsters with what the area around the ancient temple was. And the seven were listening to every single word, painting an imaginary picture in their minds. The elders were merrily unaware of the drabble the twins had had the previous day. Prachi and Rhea were avoiding each other like plague, and both seemed to be quite happy by the reciprocated behavior by the other.

"Prachi, you would have loved the lake near the temple." Pragya said, addressing her daughter, knowing that she likes the village culture and natural surrounding.

"Yeah, anyone would have, it was so beautiful and calm." Vikram added, "In the valley of mountains."

"Arey, it was nothing, it looks even more enchanting in winters, covered by fog, sun shining in the morning." Dasi informed, remembering the various visits she had paid to the place. Prachi smiled and made her way inside the house to bring some snacks from the kitchen.

"Pity, you guys couldn't come." Abhi teased the children that were left behind.

"Only if you guys were married..." Purab joined, sending hints towards Arhana, who were totally oblivious to their own feelings.

"Good idea," Pallavi said, looking towards Abhi and Pragya, "Actually, I was thinking Abhi, Pragya ji, why don't you look for an alliance for Prachi? After all she is elder than Rhea, and even Rhea is getting married to Ranbir. So why not Prachi? I have a few eligible boys in knowledge, if you agree I can suggest."

Ranbir looked at his mother wide eyes and then over to his father, who had a similar to his expression. Even his father was unknown to the new wild idea Pallavi had just enlightened everyone with. He then turned his gaze to his best friend, who had his mouth agape.

Fear clenched his heart when he did not heard a negative response from the girl's parents. He stared at Abhi and Pragya who were looking at each other, having a conversation through eyes.

What if they agreed? Prachi had already left Pragya Aunty in charge of her marriage. What if they decided that it would be good. No. Prachi can't be married. Se would never say yes. But what if she did. God knows that girl can do any thing for her parents.

He prayed to his stars for this to not happen. And heaved a relaxed sigh when he heard Pragya's reply.

"We don't think so Pallavi ji." Pragya denied. "Prachi may be elder than Rhea, but that is just by a minute. And though Prachi had given me full authority to choose a suitable groom for her, I want her to be prepared as well. And she ain't that old yet. Her whole life is waiting ahead of her. I don't want to rush her into marriage." Pragya smiled politely and Pallavi faked one as well, nodding forcefully.

"Don't take wrong but my girls are still young Pallavi." Abhi addressed her, identifying the fake smile. "I'm just letting Rhea getting married because she will be in the same house even after marriage. I've missed twenty precious years of my daughter's life, then two more by not knowing that she is my own blood that I have been craving to meet for so long. It's just been a few months and I can not just send her away again, so soon. I want to spend some time with her, I want to know her and her childhood memories, her likes, dislikes. I need some time."

Ranbir went from there, at ease after the narrow encounter with a rising panic attack, taking a phone call, everyone nodded at Abhi's feelings while Prachi returned, and Rhea gritted her teeth on Abhi's affection being shared.

Rhea stood up abruptly causing Prachi, who was about to cross her, loose her balance and hit Piyush. The glass of juice he was holding tilted to the side and it's content landed directly on Shahana and everyone gasped in surprise. While one gasp was in utter horror.