Chapter XXX

CLUE?

Aryan and Piyush tiptoed back to the terrace where Aarav was waiting for them, a half-asleep Shahana following them, trying to make as little sound as she can. She raised an eyebrow at him and he just reciprocated the gesture.

"Took you long enough." Aarav scolded as the three reached there.

"Wait you are in the team too?" Shahana asked.

"Of course, did you think these two could work together on their own?"

"So," Started Shahana, unable to digest just how this unlikely team bundled up. "Just how did you all reach out to each other?"

"We just sensed that something is seriously wrong within Prachi, Rhea, and Ranbir that the elders are oblivious about and you two might know. So we approached him." Aarav gestured towards the Khanna heir.

"And how did you find out there was something going on between Prachi, Ranbir and that vamp?" Shahana asked again.

"Are the longing stares and large patch of dark cloud looming over their heads that hard to notice?" Aarav stated more than questioned.

Shahana nodded, getting who is addressed, "But you still didn't answer my question."

The three boys shared a look before diving into explaining the entire thing to her.

Aryan turned around to see Aarav standing in one corner, leaning to the side, resting his elbows on the boundary wall. 

"I should've guessed it. You are the only other with a seemingly working brain here." Aryan commented, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Not my fault," Aarav shrugged.

Aryan just shook his head, "So, let's get down to business."

"Fair enough." Aarav straightened up, still not answering.

"Why did you call me here?" Aaryan asked.

"I think I made it clear in the message." the groom to be raised an eyebrow.

"Speak clearly." 

"I am no stupid to not notice the small, heartfelt exchanges, the one-liners or the longing looks that Prachi and Ranbir pass each other. And the way Rhea behaves with Prachi is not at all normal."  Aarav said making Aryan snort.

He continued though, "And when on the day Rhea pushed Prachi into the pool, Shahana said that Rhea had already ruined Prachi's life enough, summed up with the way Ranbir had reacted, it planted doubt in my head."

"And how did it get confirmed?" Aryan's eyebrows furrowed.

"It didn't, even though I saw Prachi and Ranbir the after she got to know about Ruchi, in her room. Crying, as I can bet no one has ever seen her cry. And the way Ranbir cared for her, was quite intense from that of just a friend or fiancee's sister, that too when I've hardly seen them converse properly."

"Aaand..." Aryan drawled, unknown to this information.

"But, I still wanted to confirm it. Be hundred percent sure you see. So, I proposed for this wedding, with Prachi. It was a long shot. I hoped that if there actually was something going on in them, one or another would speak up." 

"And if not, it could have been Prachi's ticket out of this toxic family." Piyush added, "No offense."

"But neither objected." Aryan nodded to himself.