Chapter X

ACCIDENTALLY OR DELIBERATELY

Prachi woke up the next day and groaned lightly. Her throat was dry, eyes sticky and her head pounded. Another groan left her lips, side effect of crying all night long. Nothing new. She got up and reached for water on her bedside table. The water hydrating her mind ought to make make her brain work. 

The glass almost slipped through her fingers when the happenings of last day rushed and processed in her head. Her eyes caught moisture remembering her friend's demise and then proceeded to widen as she remembered what followed.

What has she done?

How can she let months worth of pain and hurt go down the drain in just a week moment of emotional unstableness? She had just let herself open her heart's pain that she had kept within herself. She had done something that will do nothing good but the opposite, for sure. GOD How will she even face him? This is going to be painful, yet again.

He surely will question her and she'll have to get a million lies through her teeth, again. She'll have to crush what tiny spark of hope there will be in his heart, again. She'll have to insult his love, again. She will have to break him, AGAIN. She would much rather jump in front of a moving train than cause him to go through the misery of heartbreaking.

What has he done?

To be getting so much pain. He was nothing but a pure soul. He had supported and trusted her when no one else did. Even when he himself hated him with his entire being. No, he never hated her. He could never hate someone. He don't have that in him. 

He was just annoyed with her, just like she was, at first. But still he helped her through every thick and thin. He never wronged anyone. Even when he was so foolishly dead set on being a Bad Boy, he did nothing bad. Cause he is good. Best one could ever hope to be.

Than what was his fault to be getting so much pain?

She forcefully made her way towards the bathroom to freshen up. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed in a bit of relief. At least a night of deep slumber had prevented her from red and puffy eyes. Then she remembered how she fall asleep and a soft red blush hued her cheeks. A feeling of shyness overtook her previous guilt and she felt her lips turn a bit upward. She really was totally out on the floor, but she had dozed in and out when Ranbir had laid her on the bed and kissed his forehead.

She quickly got ready and made her way downstairs, a neutral expression taking her features. Her steps flattered a bit when every single gaze turned to her as she made her way to the dining table. No one uttered a single word. She took a seat next to Shahana and passed everyone a small reassuring smile. Firmly avoiding her comforter from previous night. Though it was really difficult as he was sitting right in front of her. Looking at her with a glint of something strange in his eyes. Something that Prachi can not risk to find out as she might get lost in him.

Act cool Prachi, Calm down. But no, with everyone staring at her, how can she be normal? She took a deep breadth, "I'm fine, please stop staring at me like I might break into tears at any given moment." She stated, and everyone had the decency to look away for a moment. Prachi felt good, sometime saying out how you feel isn't as rude as it seems.

"When will we leave for temple Massi?" Shahana asked, trying to change the topic and Prachi gave her a grateful look for taking attention away from her.

"By twelve, the Puja is timed at one, it'll take about half an hour to reach there." Pragya said, serving everyone.

"Rhea will be there straight from the airport." Pallavi filled in.