05

J O B S E E K E R |구직자

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Next morning, you arched up on your billet, your legs entangled among the thick blanket. Your visions fell straight at the mirror on your right. All your hair strandled down your crown and temple, over your shoulders and spine. Scratching your head, you put on your socks before cascading to the icy floor.

The sun was glowing, yet the weather was pretty cold as it was past the mid of winter. You rubbed your freezing palms together while strolling to the main door. You could put the milk on steam and then head for a warm shower, уou decided.

The door creaked in, a cold wind embraced you with a blanket of one of the iciest chills. Shiver ran down your wobbly body. You bent to grab the newspaper and milk package as soon as possible and later you found an unknown casing under the newspaper roll.

On it was written 'To Miss Song ~ From Mr. Anonymous". Your brows danced with confusion as you opened the seal. A bunch of money peeped out of the opening to which you almost choked on your own saliva. "Money?" you gasped, "Who kept it here? Newspaper uncle? Why would he write it as Mr. ANONYMOUS?" Numerous questions mobbed your mind but the artifact in your hand did not appear to give you any further clues.

................................

The top of the table was loaded with a bowl of milk, a spoon residing on its right and a carton of honey and almonds flavoured cereals on the left. Also the mysterious envelope laid at the centre of the hazel wooden surface. Your instinct was adhered to that white envelope. You offhandedly poured the cereals into the container as it overflowed after locking the vapours of the hot liquid from escaping. The cereal chunks tumbled on the cold wood whose noise agitated you of the blunder. Those circular colourful rings gaped at you in annoyance. You hawked and kept away the box to a safer place.

"This envelope is craping up my mood every now and then. What should I do with it? And how do I know about its sender?" You shove a spoonful of cereals into your mouth as you got engulfed into a deep thought while crunching and smashing them in the muzzle.

Finishing the meal, you ringed the newspaper man to ask him about the lonely cover. But all in vain. He was not even aware of its existence.

...............................

The entrance of the restaurant emptied its barrier to let you in. You shifted the strip of your purse on your shoulder and soon you discerned a voice, "Hey Y/N-ssi! Good morning!"

"Morning, Wonho-ssi," you faked a smile. Unexpectedly, you got a notion. What if he was the one who sent you the money as help? You quickly confirmed, "Uh, do you have something to say?" You eyed him thoroughly.

He averted to look outside the glass walls at the clear blue sky. "Well let's see. Hmm, oh! Last night everybody enjoyed the dinner party very much! We were missing you a lot." His edges twirled to a pout.