21

F I R E |불

F I R E |불

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The uninformed clamour provided a vigorous reversion in Taehyung's body. His averted face witnessed a po-faced lady shooting a laser through her orbs at him. An unpleasantly cold and clammy atmosphere surrounded them. Fog densified at a few yards vertically from the surface of the land.

Taehyung's rhapsody dissolved into invisible ashes at the rhetorical words of the elder female. Out of nowhere, poignancy enclasped his chest as he asked pointlessly, "So, what am I supposed to do now? What's the big plan?"

"I sometimes wonder why on earth I chose you as my brother, just why?" Ruby exhaled while shaking her head in disappointment. "Come here you, of course cracking through the front door is not in our plans," she said pitying the younger.

She crossed her arm over his shoulder blades and said, "Listen, wake up to your senses, what are you doing? Three whole lives are at stake in there. Do you wish for that old humpback to win again without a trial?"

"Of course not, I-I'm sorry. My head is aching real bad. This is sick." He grasped his head among his palms as he crouched down on the sweaty clay crust.

"Take a little rest and over here. I'll be back after blowing the plan clandestinely."

A few moments later, Taehyung jolted up on his toes after revivifying a clear note of undiminished determination.

Ruby returned to her previous post, glistening her gums at the other. "All set? Feeling better?"

He forced his rheumy eyes on her happy physiognomy while nodding his skull in response. "I am a lot better. I won't spare that dumbass at any cost," he spat out in a sense of disgust and loathing. His prior situation had been quite confusing to himself; it provided him with no clear distinction of morals for his dizziness.

Ruby having given an assuring look, he sauntered presto towards the alley beside the walls of the dingy mansion. His pretentious appearance made the other fellow leer a beam who was waiting for the recent approach.

They barged in through the back door, which lead them into a hallway after a short dark lane. Two watch guards secured the entrance to the hall, scanning every corner for any sense of mischief.

Taehyung moved his head up and down in a quick tempo and soon after he crashed his elbow at the nape of one of the night watchers followed by his mate who performed the same assult. They yanked the pair of unconscious bodies out into the itchy chillness of air and started exchanging their garments.

In a while, two of the conscious souls pretended to be the personalities whom they knocked down a few minutes ago. Taehyung cracked his knuckles as he swayed his neck for a warm-up. He readorned his black face mask prior to walking back into the house.