18

P A W N  S H O P |전당포

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

V P.O.V

My finger swiped the receiver of the flashed screen. I could sense my heart beating at the crook of my neck, it was so intense. Sweat trickled down my temples and I gulped thickly, expecting something harsh. I bent my arm to bring the device closer to my ear and gasped at the sudden vibration.

"Where the freaking hell were you? You bastard! Can't you receive my call once a day in a routine? Who passed out this time- you or your phone?" she growled from the opposite side, her voice almost ruptured my eardrum.

"I was uh out-outside for-"

"For what? What were you doing outside for so long that you couldn't manage answer my calls for at least once since yesterday? Were you drunk?"

"Ye-yes!" A sour lie erupted from my lips, "I just got too tipsy ya know. I couldn't even hear my phone ringing. I was on the couch all night." I prayed for her approval, hoping that she would choose to judge me with this excuse at the least.

"You're not a heavy drinker, maniac. Why do you need to try something which your petty brain can't afford?" Her voice appeared understandable with a little calmness splashed on it.

"Umm... I'm sorry. Why did you call me though?"

"My flight lands at 11 today. So I want you to finish the job and head to my villa as soon as possible. I'll text you the address for today's delivery. Call me for anything in case."

"Hmm okay. See ya." I hung up the call. Ruby was back.

...............................

V stepped out of the front door, embracing the bright light outside. Winter was almost calling off its skin slowly as spring was approaching. Spring, meaning the time for light pink iced trees around the hooks and corners of the city, has always been the best time of the year for its soothing foil weather.

His cheeks glowed rose gold like peaches with some impact of blonde pinkish tint. The gums of his buccal cavity squished a chewing gum as he walked sturdily while filling his hands inside his crowded pockets. Why crowded? Well the future will peel it as usual.

His enormous structure marched like most of the reputed highly positioned officers and his hair fluttered all over his eyes and forehead. A black mask protected half of his facial features likewise his black turtleneck through which his abs pricked themselves to dignify their forms, within the walls of the thick grey overcoat.

The roads seemed just the same as regular days. People disposing their trash, clearing the snow off their vehicles, little groups of men and women chatting, the clattering of window panes as they were dragged open, everything went on at normalcy.