23

C H E A T I N G | 부정 행위

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Two days later...

Thick rubber sheathed wheels spun tremendously faster than turbine blades. Wind roared at its cruellest octave, sounding highly deafening. A clear note glimmered in the sky, featuring puffy white clouds shaped as cotton candies.

"Player 5 is on the lead. Look at that speed, wow!" screamed a voice through the commentary amplifier.

Race tracks radiated spotless with only a white line running across the clean asphalt. Racing bikes groomed on their boosts, producing a sour pitch of grumbling noise. All the participants struggled with their handlebars and velocity for surpassing the fierce one who was already celebrating a win-win situation.

"Go, go, V! You can do this! Talk to the wind!" cheered Suho from the
gallery, waving to his friend as he crossed the checkpoint for the second time.

"Shouldn't you quiet down a bit? We're only sponsoring our garage. It sounds weird I guess," you spat at his recurring howls.

"Aish, look at you. Are you trying to be ungrateful by any chance? Don't be! After all, he did help you with money. You owe him a meal," Suho explained softly.

"Alright," you yelled, "I know I owe him. If I hadn't been in this condition, I would have snapped his money on his face long back. I didn't ask for help from that intr- I mean uninteresting person," you gulped, uneasiness washing your movements.

"You mean it?"

"Hell yeah! Do I look like I would lie for such a crucial topic?"

"Hmm, let's talk to him today about your debts then, when this event ends."

"Huh? Today? Why? I never asked you to do such a thing! I'm broken, how am I supposed to pay him back?"

"None of my business. It's just that you shouldn't keep someone waiting for long, you know," he winked casually, giving a soft leer.

"Waiting for long my ass. It hasn't even been a month yaah! Tell me you're joking right now if you're my friend."

"What do you think? Miss Apricot?" he chuckled, trying to restore his sniggers.

"I knew it and don't you dare call me by that name in the public. I like apricots but that doesn't mean I need to be called by such lousy names. So there! Shut up already!"

"Fine, what a talkative radio. Let me change the topic then. Do you think he would win today?"

"Why should I bother over such a thing when I'm having proved gains anyway? I don't care if he wins or loses," you spoke at one breath although you felt a wide pang of tension in your heart out of nowhere for the ongoing hustle on the tracks. "This jerk is everywhere,' you thought to yourself. However, something, somewhere was forcing you not to stop thinking about the rider on his wheels today.