22

H O M E  S W E E T  H O M E |집이 좋아

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The morning sun shone its bright golden rays upon the crowns of trees. They peeped to look into what the rising world was up to.

You awoke in your regular routine, squirming, loafing for about ten minutes on the bed and finally hopping off on the floor. Gyrating your messy hair into a bun, you flipped to the door after grabbing a clutcher to fix your hair roughly.

A yawn escaped your lips as you walked past the brim of the staircase and soon, your mind collapsed to witness a weird form on the couch.

Turning on your toes, you slowly memorized the unknown dimensions for comparing them to a known one. As you reached the near point of the sofa, you lifted your toes to peep on the other side of the wide sheet of newspaper and you flinched when two dark eyes met yours.

"D-dad!" you gasped onto your breaths, "You're back!" Removing the paper barriers, you wrapped your arms around the aged male enthusiastically. The other personality laid his arms at your back, patting your shaking muscles.

"I'm so glad that you're here," you breathed at his nook. "So much has happened since you were gone!"

"Were you missing us?" a deep feminine voice echoed to your ears,
providing an instant sense of recognition in your brain centre.

"Of course! I missed you two too much!" you muttered to which, light chuckles enthralled your nerves.

"Hmm let's see. Whom did you miss more? Me or your dad?" the woman asked placing her back on the soft spongy cushion while she blew her hot drink to drop the steamy temperature.

You plopped down on another settee and said, "To be honest, I missed dad's surprising treats and your voluminous yells at the same time."

"Yeah, sure," she mocked as she choked at her first sip, "you two will never change. Like father like daughter."

A giggle jumbled your words as you spoke, "Right. So what did you guys do there?"

"Nothing much. At least we got the money to fulfil our pending loans. And," your dad shove his hands inside a cloth bag to pull out a medium-sized rocky structure, "I bought this for you."

"A conch! Wow!" You accepted the present with sparkling orbs, letting out a slight squeal. "This is excellent!"

You dropped your jaw as your vision crawled over the minute detailing on the white marble coral piece. Long spikes with its ends terminating at blunt tops adorned its spine, small spiral marks emblazoned its surface. Slight touches of pearl white patches were printed on its body, a concomitant representative of your stainless core.

At times, it gets compulsive to hold onto the fanaticism as the current moment supplied.

Keeping your gaze fully concentrated on the new freebie, you heard your mother mumble, "It feels so good now. Coffee is probably the best stimulant for a frazzled state." She turned on the television while stretching her limbs frenziedly across the sofa. "Now it actually feels like home."

"A sudden outbreak of fire in the middle east of Seoul forest insisted wide chaos among the police forces. The investigation is yet underway. No living being is suspected to be harmed till now although suspensions keep changing its colours," flashed the bright television screen, pulling you out from the insensate muse.

"Fire?" You arched your brows in shock. "Fire in the jungle? What's happening? Who the freak built a house in the middle of the dense woods?"

***

A few hours before...

Flames conquered the tormenting breeze blowing from the poles. Ruby's head pounded dramatically, her mind coagulated with uncertainty as to what results were on their way towards her. It seemed as if a tough veil was shading the reality from hitting her eyes. She perspired though normally she never faced such trauma but it was the question of saving some innocent lives without the sacrifice of anybody else's.

However, fate confronted her with sympathy by not keeping her waited for long. Soon, she witnessed the shadows she had been hoping to meet with, flowing to the near arena, overshadowing the rays of bright fire flames. As her eyes detected the centre personality, her lips parted to expose a shiny leer.

As they approached her, she snapped at her next instinct. "Where the hell were you!? I almost got a heart blockage!" Her angry throat sniper made the young teens seek shelter behind their motherly relation.

"Uh I was changing my clothes you see," the leather jacket bound adult answered casually, scratching his head in a sense of apology, flashing his big boxy smile.

"Taehyung, you idiot! Your punishment is on its way," she insisted in a temper.

Taehyung threw out a pout as he glanced at the tiny humans, who were attempting to hide from the ferocious lady in front of their eyes.

"Hey," he cooed while waving at the young ones. "I know she's scary but it's only Ruby. Come out now."

Yet their repulsive attitudes flared stronger to grasp any of his convinces. They simply nodded their skulls from left to right, signalling a fair rejection.

"Very funny, Tae. It's time to leave now. And don't worry about those kids. They'll soothe themselves once they get to know me. Get them in the car," Ruby instructed trying to keep a firm arrogance lit on her facial structures.

Taehyung nodded with a straight face while giving an appealing eye contact to John's little family. The rest of the population followed Ruby's commands to trot towards the parked vehicles.

"Remove the tyre and shoe marks as fast as possible. No soul should be able to detect our encounter at this place, got that?" And she stomped back to the car, while the others brought sacks of dry sand to overlay the foot and tyre prints.

The sky grew darker, soon followed by heavy drizzle splashing on earth, which dissolved the proofs of human visits in the midst of that dense forestry, giving a safe state of mind to the pink-haired woman and her peers.

Sparks of fire gradually turned into lumps of ashes suspended at the feet of tall burnt metal frames and cracked glass panes. An impenetrable mist of moist dark fog claimed the incinerated leftovers. Nature does have its own consequences, isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated quite a long time later right?

읽어 주셔서 감사합니다

곧 뵙겠습니다

평화 ⚘