06

O L D  F R I E N D | 오랜 친구

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sir, Mr. Radcliffe has arrived at the airport and is on his way till here."

"Fine, treat him and his staffs with utmost care and - " his words paused in his pharynx as his orbs nested on you. You also had your eyesight progressing in the method of recognition.

He fixed his specs prior to asking. "Aren't you Song Y/N?"

You parted your lips, "You are..."

"Namjoon! I'm Kim Namjoon from Yonsei University!"

Your eyes spread out as you recalled your past memories. Kim Namjoon, the only heir of the famous business couple, the former CEO of Kim Enterprises, was a student at Yonsei University from where, you also accepted your graduation certificate. He was the so called bright student among all other freshers in your class, also known as topper Namjoon. He had grown so well in the absence of shadow in his life. His undercut hair, cool prada spectacles, swollen lips and that stare is his eyes, though his facial structure could not be differentiated to that extent. But one thing was that now he had developed the muscles of a man, moreover he looked damn handsome, more professional than the nerdy kid you knew. How could you forget his popularity afterall?

"Oh yeah, I remember you, Joonie," you chuckled.

He lowered his gaze while smiling widely, his dimples became prominent which were your favourite of his amazing personality. "Eell I can vividly call up the days when you ruled our university, the so called goddess. But now I really find you a lot decent. Where are those lenses?"

"They're gone. It's been months."

"Mmm but still everything the beauty queen is now in her true self. Is everything okay at home?"

"Yes everything is fine. By the way now you look different too. Not those thick framed glasses any more. There must be more number of girls who simp over you, I betcha," you grinned.

"Aish, have you forgotten the rows behind you, back then? Anyways we just lost all contacts since the last day of our farewell. Haven't you been meeting any one recently?"

"Nope, I hardly have anybody's number now after my phone got reformatted, so..."

"Ah I see. So what are you here for? Did you come to see anyone?"

"If I let him know that I came to his office for job, he will surely get me another option. But I don't want to have any monetary exchanges between my friends," you pondered in your skull.

"Umm Y/N, was I not supposed to ask you this by any means?" He arched one of his brows. You flinched, "Oh no, uh well, I was just passing by. I think I need to go now. See ya!"

"Sure, and remember, you can come to me anytime in case if you are in need of any help," he suggested while handing you a card, "This has everything you might need about me. Feel free to call me wherever you feel like."

"Thanks Joon. Bye!" You scooted away after a bow. When your senses struck you of being already quite at a distance, you stopped and gaped back. You heaved a sigh as you couldn't find him outside anymore. You internally felt lucky for not filling up the agreement papers sooner. Who knew that this was the same Namjoon with whom you sometimes shared a gossip at the campus cafeteria and also picked up the most infamous topics just in order to enhance your general knowledge?

You returned home after serving your evening shift in the restaurant. Sitting down on the couch, you directed your arms towards your toes for releasing them from the boundaries of leather. You freed your feet and relaxed your back on the soft cushion. Rays of faint light emerged from behind the unclasped door of your grandma's room.

"Isn't she in bed yet?" you smacked as you pulled yourself normal to the floor. You slowly advanced to the shiny golden knob and grasped it to sink it inside.

Your grandma was sitting upright on her bed with some book in between her fingers. She looked at you, her glasses reflected your image as she smiled gladly.

"Y/N, my sweet princess, come here." She patted her mattress directing you to sit. You gleefully approached her bed and plopped down.

She rubbed her palm on your cheek dampened with affection. "Why didn't you make your bed this morning?"

"Oops, I literally forgot about it! Ugh, but how do you - wait, you went to my room?" you cocked your brows in suspicion.

"I did, I just wanted to check your corner since you aren't a tiny bit less messy than your appa, as father as daughter."

You pushed a pout, "Hmph, that's rude."

She laughed out in a husky tone, "Poor girl, cuss your appa for his dirty genes."

Her suggestion made you giggle for a few seconds, "Granny, you and your evergreen jokes will be forever precious." You let out a few puffs and said, "Oh granny, you know, today morning I found an unknown envelope at the door step."

"An unknown envelope?" Her serotonin raised her excitement at an instant.

You dictated the entire episode whatever had been happening since last morning and once you were done, your grandma sighed to conclude, "Maybe somebody wants to help you. My instincts do not fear for any mischievious acts."

"You mean someone dropped this on purpose?"

"Possible, since it was addressed to you. Now its your choice what you'll do with it."

You thought for a moment and finally gave up, "Alright. Thanks granny. Good night!" You pecked her cheek and rushed off to your space.

Before dozing off, one thing cinculated in your busy mind, "Who can extend their hand for such a big help? It's not Wonho, neither boss nor the newspaper uncle. Who must it be?" Your tired eyelids transformed heavier and it laid you to sleep.

It was a nearby 2 past midnight. The entire locality ceased all its busy bees to embrace the quiet aura. Moonlit roads appeared greyish with the streetlights flashing on them. Trees were tinted in a hue of navy blue whereas the surface of still water bodies danced with little ripples when the dwarf leaves topped them. No signs of disturbance could be traced anywhere until a sudden noise reverberated from the kitchen of your residence.

You flipped open your eyelids with a zap as it tickled your auditory nerves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heya mah lovely sugarbeans!!! How are y'all?? I'm back with another part! Please shower some love^^