The one from Tennessee (2)

Harley didn't get a chance to see Peter the next day, as he was invited back to the class lab so he could join in with the group project that was meant to combine all of their individual components from yesterday into the machine that would be judged the following day. It was fun, but he didn't see Peter, not even when FRIDAY told him to go to Tony's lab at the end of the day. The billionaire said he hadn't seen the boy today, but it wasn't unusual - Peter was only a part-time intern and dropped by whenever he felt like it. That seemed slightly impractical to Harley but he didn't question it. He just wanted to apologise for his behaviour yesterday.

~

Peter was on his way to apologise, he really was, but then Karen told him there was a bomb and he couldn't just ignore it. He got all the civilians out in time, but was just checking to make sure nobody was left when the bomb went off, destabilising the building with him still in it.

Peter was pretty sure he was leaving a trail of blood behind him as he swung to the tower, but he needed medial attention, fast. Karen must have called ahead to FRIDAY because there was a window already open for him, which he barely managed to crash through, falling onto the white floor inside, right in front of where Tony Stark and Harley Keener were walking. Harley gasped when he saw him and Tony ran forwards. "Holy-"  

Peter passed out.

~

Tony was walking Harley down to the exit when a window slid open in the corridor in front of them. Before Harley could ask why, a figure in red and blue swung through. It was Spider-Man. Harley was about to start fanboying, but then he noticed the blood just as the hero collapsed, clearly unconscious. Tony swore and ran forward, crouching in front of the hero. "FRIDAY, get the Medbay ready." He lifted the vigilante like he weighed nothing and began jogging back along the corridor, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. Without even thinking about it, Harley followed.

"What happened?" Tony asked as he ran. 

"It appears a bomb went off, causing a building to collapse whilst Spider-Man was still inside. There were no other casualties," the robotic voice of his AI replied immediately.

"Idiot," Tony muttered, reaching the Medbay and placing the hero down carefully on a bed. A trio of doctors were already waiting, and started work carefully dismantling the suit and treating multiple wounds, barely balking at the scale of blood as if they'd done this hundreds of times before.

The doctors finished dosing Spider-Man with more painkillers than Harley thought were safe, and left. Tony sighed and stood up, seeming to notice Harley was still there for the first time. 

"Is he going to be okay?"

"He'll pull through. He's had worse than this, I'm just glad he actually came to be treated. Last time he waited three days after being stabbed before showing up, telling us the knife might have maybe been poisoned, and passing out. The doctors had to undo his stitches to clean the wound properly, and they also found a bullet inside him from weeks ago. That kid is going to be the death of me, I tell you."

"He really gets hurt so badly?"

"Yeah, and he just blows it off like it's nothing, says his healing factor will deal with it." Tony noticed Harley's worried face. "Do you want to stay until he wakes up?"

Harley did, so he and Tony went back to the lab. Tony tinkered but couldn't seem to focus on any one thing for long and Harley tried texting brainhurty about scheduling the meet-up later in the week, but there was no reply. They barely spoke a word until FRIDAY notified them that Spidey was showing signs of waking.

"Hey, Mr Stark. Sorry to be a bother," Spider-Man said, sitting up as they walked in. Harley wasn't entirely sure how he was awake after those wounds and the medicine he'd been given, let alone moving and talking.